Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
If Masterloc's answer wasn't clear enough, the car seat sliding trick only works when the car seat is on the passenger side, not the driver side.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ha. That is awesome. Just tried it on mine and sure enough, they recline quite a bit. Of course, now I have next to no trunk space, but whatever. It's cool to know for when I have passengers back there. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have a 2016/17 model. Get 1 or 2 usb fan(s). That way, the 3rd row passengers can get air powered by the 2 usb ports in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Bluetooth Audio tip

In Bluetooth audio mode, the touch screen only has 2 functions, a play button and pause button, no other buttons to move around playlist. Here is tip, you can skip forward or backward tracks with the <enter> button on the left side of the steering wheel just above the volume toggle. Push button up to move forward and down to go back. No need to take eyes off road or hands off the steering wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cold weather alert

Whether you find it helpful or annoying, here is a tip for the cold weather alert. It is an alert that appears when it is cold enough for black ice to form on the road. This alert can be turned on and off by pushing steering wheel buttons settings>Alarm>Cold weather alert>on/off. The alert is helpful when temperature fluctuates above and below zero to alert you, but gets annoying when temperature is consistently below 0 degree c. I turn on alert in November, but flip it off once it consistentently below freezing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know the best setting for the gps display? I really love the QX but the navigation display is horrible. My Ford Escape had better gps. It self zoomed and was much more intuitive to use

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my spare intelligent key fob remote working again. It stopped working after the battery ran low, I did not change it for a while. Likely batteries died completely. Once I changed the batteries the remote buttons still did not work and changed batteries again thinking may be it was a bad battery. I ended up getting the remote to work again by placing the remote next to the handle and unlocked the door. Then I placed the remote next to the push start and started the car. This I believe syncs and reprogram the key. It is now working. I didn’t find this any where on the web and found out through trial.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Speaking of, on a lot of cars with push-button start, the battery in the fob is really just used when pressing fob buttons & to do things at range like remote start & hatch open. If the fob battery dies the car won't start with the fob in your pocket or purse. Use the emergency key to open the car door and hold the fob next to the Start button to start the car. Should work with a dead fob battery.

As with other NFC & RFID systems, the chip in the fob needs power. It usually comes from the fob's battery but can also be supplied by low-power short-range emissions that your car sends, localized to the Start button.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if there is an audible seat belt alert? I have a 2015 Canadian version and when front seat belts are not done up, only the small seat belt light comes on, there is no sound. Is there a setting some where to turn this on?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Does anyone know if there is an audible seat belt alert? I have a 2015 Canadian version and when front seat belts are not done up, only the small seat belt light comes on, there is no sound. Is there a setting some where to turn this on?
Praise the lord baby jesus, no - there is no audible alert.

I always know when I'm not wearing my seatbelt. I learned to drive in the age of almost mandatory seatbelts (they were mandatory in my house, and became mandatory while I was in college). I love the fact that I can move an Infiniti around the parking lot without the stupid thing beeping at me incessantly. Forget trying that in any Toyota product.

Also, because of this arrangement, I can put something with a little heft on the passenger seat w/out a warning.

Please don't ask Infiniti for this. We need Android Auto and CarPlay, but not beeping seat belt warning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love this thread. Getting used to my 2018 Tech Package QX60, switched from old MDX, so still miss the simplicity and ease of that car.

I had posted a separate thread on possibility of keeping radio powered when the car is turned off. Someone replied saying that feature is available in 2019 model. Does anyone know if it's a software change or some hardcoded stuff that older than 2019 won't get ever?

Is there a workaround to keep the radio powered when the engine is turned off (of course without turning the switch ON again).

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Qx 60 dangerous car

I had a 2014 QX60 that I purchased new and took to Infiniti for sudden inability to accelerate the car on right turns mostly creating a serious risk of accident. They duplicated the problem after denying it was an issue a few times. They were ultimately unable to fix the car and said it was a "known characteristic of the car" and it was not a problem they could fix. The dealership told me to trade it in for 2018 and the loaner had similar issue. The car is dangerous. I traded mine in for an Acura MDX so I would feel safe driving again. Infiniti doesn't car for people. Praying no one seriously gets hurt.

BTW, I know of many QX60 owners have the same issues. THE CVT TRANSMISSION is crap but the driver assist is even worse.

Infiniti offered me $2,500 hush money...told them to keep it....I want others to know to stay away from this POS car....loved everything else about it, but it's a major liability to drive.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Look, I get you're unhappy and I don't doubt you had a bad experience - but you're blowing things out of proportion. I've owned two 2014 QX60s. Test drove a third. Had 2017 and 2018 QX60 loaners. Not a single one that I've driven or owned, has had any problems. Design quirks? Sure. Crappy entertainment system? Oh yeah. But "they don't care about people and someone will get hurt" flaws? Not any of the ones I've been in. I love mine, and I feel very safe putting my family in it. It's why I keep it - I drive a convertible for other moments. But my kids ride in the QX60. My friends are begging me to sell them my car because they like it and feel safe in it, and they had twins.

Lastly, and this is just me being pedantic - even if you were 100% right in what you're saying - this is NOT the thread to say it in.

Reactions: Donny Hayes

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues, I was also reluctant to buy a QX60 because of the CVT in spite of the fact that I had great experiences with the brand. So in November 2017 I bought a ‘15 MDX CPO with 30k miles right out of the Shute it had tranny troubles and more on top of that which led me to dump it after 4months(1month was in a loaner) at a loss. I purchased my ‘17 QX60 dealer loaner with 15k on it in March 18 after almost a year and 37k miles I am very happy with my choice. If you think the CVT is bad go on a MDX forum and search transmission, but only do it after you have stiff drink. In today’s car world there are very few sure things, good luck with yours.

·
Registered
168 Posts
great!

Oh, here are a couple more often overlooked features:

I hate having to search for the unlock button when I'm dropping people off. I want the car to unlock when I put it in park. You can make this the standard setting. Go into the "vehicle settings" in the meter display (the one between the speedo and tach). Go down to the auto unlock option. Click into it and choose "when shifting to P".

Similarly, I prefer that one click of my remote or one click of the door button unlock all the doors at once. The default in the QX60 is for it to take two clicks. In that same vehicle settings meter display, find "Selective Unlock" and turn it off. When it is off, all the doors will unlock at once.
The first part of this particularly annoyed me too. Thanks to your post here I just got it switched to unlock when I put the vehicle in park. Thanks for telling me how to easily change that setting!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts