Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yup it happened to me a lot yesterday. Especially when I was behind a car on a red light it started to beep and front camera showed MOD in front. Once vehicle started to move it stopped. It was snowing so hard that it was impossible to keep sensors clean every minute. I turned off MOD but that didn't help also turning of all active safety sensors using the button next to heated steering wheel button didn't help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is a cold weather tip- before turning off the vehicle, switch climate control to front wind shield defrost. When you remote start the next time it will warm the vehicle as well as start defrosting front windshield. Too bad heated steering wheel and rear defrost was not on toggle switches as well

·
Registered
200 Posts
On the 2016, the heated steering wheel comes on when using the remote start. Keep the heated seat switches on and you are set to go.
Yup I love this feature. If the surface temperature of steering wheel is below 68 degrees it will turn it on automatically with remote start.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The headlights turn On automatically (if set to Auto) after 3 swipes of wipers in rain.

And everyone probably knows this (common in German cars), slightly pushing/tapping the turn signal blinks the light 3 times, great for changing lanes with a single touch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is a cold weather tip- before turning off the vehicle, switch climate control to front wind shield defrost. When you remote start the next time it will warm the vehicle as well as start defrosting front windshield. Too bad heated steering wheel and rear defrost was not on toggle switches as well
michael, as a few others have stated: If you use the remote start, in cooler or cold days, the heated Steering wheel does turn on. What I find curious in the climate control system, when I remote start, I sense that the Blower is running, no matter what Temp you have set in memory. My 2013 M37X, when you started the engine - either remotely (which was a dealer installed item - not factory), or directly, at certain climate conditions prevalent, the front defroster/defogger would come on automatically. I don't see that occurring with the QX60.

·
Registered
588 Posts
On the 2016, the heated steering wheel comes on when using the remote start. Keep the heated seat switches on and you are set to go.
Bob, I don't think this works in the JX (at least I don't remember). I need to check it out. Great tip...

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Come to think of it I don't think it worked in the JX. I was surprised the first time I remote started the QX60 and found the heated steering wheel turned on. I do like that feature.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is a technique for closing the hood/bonnet. Since the latch is several inches in from the front edge putting downward force on the outer edges does not work well.

What I do is hold the hood about 6-8 inches up and place the fingers of one hand in a circular pattern over the latch position. I then drop the hood while applying downward pressure with my fingers. It just enough pressure to latch the hood without traumatizing the latch or the sheet metal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have a 2015 QX60- here are some tips to features I had no idea I had from fumbling in the dark. The rear hatch has a lock button on the far right side of the open hatch button. This comes in handy to lock the vehicle after closing the trunk, I use to walk back around to use door lock or take remote out of my pocket. Second feature my wife found was the remote folding mirrors when she was trying to adjust outside mirrors. I never noticed the switch was between the mirror and window buttons!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Michael, I don't think the folding mirrors are controlled remotely. You are required to use the button in the car to fold the mirrors and use the same button to unfold the mirrors. If they could be done remotely -that would be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The lock button on the hatch is a great one. I had a 2014 QX for almost two years before I accidentally discovered that button.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you remotely start the car with people inside and they unlock/open the door from inside, not only it will stop the engine but sound the alarm/horn, learned it first hand :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Here is a fuel savings tip, actually it is better than a fuel saving tip. It is fuel saving and huge performance gain tip. I have tested for a few months now. Saving may even bigger due to more mileage driven in eco mode.

The air condition is always on, unless you override it, it waste fuel. I do not need a/c in winter except for defrost. I drive in normal mode always now, and get better fuel efficiency than when I drove in eco mode. In my situation, I live in the city and my commute is along a road way under construction. My cpu average speed reads 24km/hrs or about 15mph, pretty sad.

See below tip from other post from sinecure. Yes you can do that and drive in economic mode to save more, but the efficiency gained with better performance is awesome already. Driving in eco mode I was using 17.6l per 100km, turning off air con, i am using 16.5l per 100km (about a 1/4 gallon difference for 60 miles) with added performance in normal mode. There is fuel savings, but more importantly a huge performance gain.

Here is sinecure's post. It definitely works, though not convenient if you have to switch climate mode often, my vehicle is a 2015. Even if you press rear button, you will notice it states 'rear air condition', indicating a/c will come on, however the a/c light is not lit, meaning ac is on always unless you override. Here's original post below-

This is a weird thing with the current set up. There is a way to force AC off, but it is not intuitive.

You're on the right track. Hit the "climate" button to bring up climate controls on the screen. Even if the AC feature is not illuminated, you have to first press it to turn it on, then again to force it off. Other than completely shutting off the HVAC system, this is the only way I've found to force AC off. The good news is you can first set the "Auto" button and temp. Then shut off AC and it will still function in auto mode.

Now, once you've shut it off, if you cycle through the Auto button (on/off/on), then AC will come back on.

Yes, it is weird. No, IMO it should not work like this. We have other buttons that are completely useless. Why not turn one of them into an old-fashioned AC button so users can easily see whether AC is on or off. It saves gas to shut it off, and it keeps you from having condensation sit in the system creating mildew and/or dripping on the floor of your garage.

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is a great thread. New QX60 owner here (2014 with many features but not quite fully loaded) and I do love me some forums. Been watching all the Infiniti YouTube videos, which have actually been very helpful in knowing all the features of this car. I still learned a few new things from here - including that these are folding mirrors. Good stuff.

Does this require theater package? My car without theater didn't recognize the DVD disc.
I don't have the theater package either, but mine was able to play DVD just fine. You do have to put the parking brake on before the video will show, otherwise you only get the audio. I do have the Navigation package. Do you? Maybe on a fully base model with no upgrades like Navigation or Theater it doesn't work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Building onto great tip

Here is a fuel savings tip, actually it is better than a fuel saving tip. It is fuel saving and huge performance gain tip. I have tested for a few months now. Saving may even bigger due to more mileage driven in eco mode.

The air condition is always on, unless you override it, it waste fuel. I do not need a/c in winter except for defrost. I drive in normal mode always now, and get better fuel efficiency than when I drove in eco mode. In my situation, I live in the city and my commute is along a road way under construction. My cpu average speed reads 24km/hrs or about 15mph, pretty sad.

See below tip from other post from sinecure. Yes you can do that and drive in economic mode to save more, but the efficiency gained with better performance is awesome already. Driving in eco mode I was using 17.6l per 100km, turning off air con, i am using 16.5l per 100km (about a 1/4 gallon difference for 60 miles) with added performance in normal mode. There is fuel savings, but more importantly a huge performance gain.

Here is sinecure's post. It definitely works, though not convenient if you have to switch climate mode often, my vehicle is a 2015. Even if you press rear button, you will notice it states 'rear air condition', indicating a/c will come on, however the a/c light is not lit, meaning ac is on always unless you override. Here's original post below-

This is a weird thing with the current set up. There is a way to force AC off, but it is not intuitive.

You're on the right track. Hit the "climate" button to bring up climate controls on the screen. Even if the AC feature is not illuminated, you have to first press it to turn it on, then again to force it off. Other than completely shutting off the HVAC system, this is the only way I've found to force AC off. The good news is you can first set the "Auto" button and temp. Then shut off AC and it will still function in auto mode.

Now, once you've shut it off, if you cycle through the Auto button (on/off/on), then AC will come back on.

Yes, it is weird. No, IMO it should not work like this. We have other buttons that are completely useless. Why not turn one of them into an old-fashioned AC button so users can easily see whether AC is on or off. It saves gas to shut it off, and it keeps you from having condensation sit in the system creating mildew and/or dripping on the floor of your garage.
Here is a tip for spring time when you can open window and turn fan off or back on without having to manually override a/c multiple times. When you want to turn off fan (with a/c overridden) just use off button. To turn fan on again without having to override a/c, use off button again to turn on, this will not engage a/c. If you do want a/c on, then turn system on with climate button.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does this require theater package? My car without theater didn't recognize the DVD disc.
I don't have the theater package either, but mine was able to play DVD just fine. You do have to put the parking brake on before the video will show, otherwise you only get the audio. I do have the Navigation package. Do you? Maybe on a fully base model with no upgrades like Navigation or Theater it doesn't work?
Yeah mine has deluxe tech. I wonder if this was changed in 2017. I will try another DVD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When returning 2nd row seat to fixed position after getting in/out of 3rd row:

Grab the seat from the seat-back and pull it back if you want it to stop at the forward-most position.

Grab seat from the plastic around the hinge (at bottom) if you want it to slide to its rear-most position before clicking in to place.
Is there a trick to sliding the outward 2nd row seat forward with a car seat in it? I thought the qx60 was one of the few cars that can do this?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts