Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 JX35, but know they are very similar to QX60. Anyway, when we bought the car few weeks ago the fob was working intermittently until a week ago all the buttons on it stopped working completely. The car says No Key Detected or Incorrect Key ID. I am only able to start the car by pushing the button with it. No, it's not the battery. I have changed it twice already and even measured the current one with a multimeter to make sure its at 3v. Yes, I am using the correct battery 2032 and have it inserted correctly. Any idea what it could be? This happened after I have replaced the 12v battery. I have looked everywhere for tips on how to re-sync it, but none of them worked. Has any one of you experienced similar issue?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Does it do this with both key fobs, or only with one? If it’s not the battery—then you either have a bad key fob, or the receiving unit in the car is going out and will need to be replaced. If it does it with both key fobs, then you probably have a problem with the vehicle receiving unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it do this with both key fobs, or only with one? If it’s not the battery—then you either have a bad key fob, or the receiving unit in the car is going out and will need to be replaced. If it does it with both key fobs, then you probably have a problem with the vehicle receiving unit.
Hello friend,
Thanks for your response.
I only have one fob so I'm unable to see if the issue is with the fob or the car. How do I test the receiver on the car and is it the one located behind the glove box? I see the part number on the one that's currently there has been superseded by an upgraded unit which I have ordered on ebay for $10. I have checked the fuses and found one blown at the ACC-1 PWR SOCKET, but that's probably unrelated.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My guess is you have a bad key fob. I don’t know how to test the receiving unit, but if it were me, I’d order a new fob from Infiniti.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is you have a bad key fob. I don’t know how to test the receiving unit, but if it were me, I’d order a new fob from Infiniti.
I think you're right. I have noticed today that the antenna that goes along one side of the circuit board has detached on one end. It's a bummer but I'm heading into that direction. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also have the JX and my fob uses 2025. The 2025 is still 3v, but a bit thinner.

I tried swapping with 2032 over the weekend, didn’t work and ran into the same problems you’re experiencing. Give it a shot, worth checking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts