Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there guys!

2014 Infiniti QX60
Well for the last month or so, the buttons on my key remote (fob) are not working. To lock, unluck, trunk are not working. The only way to get in the car is by using door handle sensor or mechanical key.

Thought it was the batteries, swap them out for new ones and still the same issue.

Any suggestions?
Car starts just fine using the push button but once in a while, it will say "wrong key ID" but it will go away 3 seconds later and vehicle starts.

Somebody with the same problem?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sounds like the proximity sensor is working since you can start the car.

I suggest opening the remote, pull the circuit board out (top half of the remote), then give the little black circuit board buttons good cleaning with isopropyl alcohol 99% and a toothbrush. Do the same with the rubber membrane between the remote buttons and circuit board.

There may be gunk or water damage in board buttons preventing them from registering.

Do you have a 2nd remote to confirm nothing is wrong with the vehicle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already done the cleaning without any results. I don't have a second remote.
Sounds like the proximity sensor is working since you can start the car.

I suggest opening the remote, pull the circuit board out (top half of the remote), then give the little black circuit board buttons good cleaning with isopropyl alcohol 99% and a toothbrush. Do the same with the rubber membrane between the remote buttons and circuit board.

There may be gunk or water damage in board buttons preventing them from registering.

Do you have a 2nd remote to confirm nothing is wrong with the vehicle?
I have already done the cleaning without any results. I don't have a second remote.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I hate to say it, but it sounds like you need to get another remote since the proximity seems to be working but not the buttons.

I’m not aware of any options to disable fob controls in the vehicle settings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You probably already checked the “new” batteries but test them if you can. I had to return a package of batteries that I thought was new but they were dead out of the package. But most likely as said above, the fob internals are dying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts