Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, we are seeing more and more of our vehicles here in the Seattle/Tacoma metro area. I also noticed our local dealership only has one JX left in stock. They seem to be selling like hotcakes. What I still like about our vehicles is that they stand out over the Acura and GM products. I'd be curious to know if the QX60 is now becoming the top selling car at many Infiniti dealerships.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is definitely up there with the Q50 right now. I would say about 3/4 of the people come in on one or the other. I am not sure actual selling numbers, but the QX60 is getting tons of looks right now. At least in the Northwest.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As someone who spent several weeks researching and driving cars in this class, I can tell you there are two choices for folks that need a useful third row and storage behind it. The QX60/Pathfinder and the Traverse/Enclave/Acadia. Of these, only the QX60 could really be considered a luxury touring vehicle. The Enclave is close, but the others are a bit too "plasticy" for my taste. The ride of the QX60 is the finest for me, also. Nothing else had the room for adults in the third row, not to mention kids... I can see why it should be a popular choice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm seeing more and more of the QX60's in Calgary as well. Sightings have definitely increased.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I see a lot of QX60's, JX35's and Mallfinders (Pathfinders) around the NYC area on a daily basis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see a lot of QX60's, JX35's and Mallfinders (Pathfinders) around the NYC area on a daily basis.
Really? I don't. It's so rare that I see a JX or Qx60 on the streets here that I always stop and look to compare when I see them. Pathfinder is different though. In total in the last month I've had the vehicle I bet I've seen an average of maybe 2 JX or QX60s on the road a week.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lol, yes, really. And I wasn't including manhattan by saying nyc, but rather the forgotten borough and Brooklyn. There are tons here.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stopped by our local dealership yesterday and they had 24 QX60s on the lot and it looks like they just sold the last JX. The sales manager told me that over half the customers coming into the dealership are interested in the QX60 and Q50. Sales overall have been picking up. We talked about the fuel milage issue with the QX60 hybrid and they are seeing a few with problems. One customer has been getting only 17 mpg consistently. Infiniti is working with the customer to rectify the problem.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Infiniti is working with the customer to rectify the problem.
What is Infiniti doing out of curiosity? Since the root problem is their weakish mild hybrid design, I don't see much they can do other than offer them something monetarily wise to make up for the hybrid really not getting published numbers once the a/c or heat is used.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is Infiniti doing out of curiosity? Since the root problem is their weakish mild hybrid design, I don't see much they can do other than offer them something monetarily wise to make up for the hybrid really not getting published numbers once the a/c or heat is used.
The only thing he could tell me was that Infiniti was working with the customer to find out why the poor milage. I got the impression they were working with the Engineering staff.

I haven't driven a hybrid but my gut tells me the engine is too small for the vehicle weight.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I haven't driven a hybrid but my gut tells me the engine is too small for the vehicle weight.
Mileage is low in the hybrid partly because of a small engine but that's because it had other problems which act against the engine. When running with heat on or a/c because the engine has to always run. There is no electric water pump. There is no electric compressor. This causes the engine to run almost always under many circumstances. When driven with no heat or a/c it actually gets sticker mpg. Now, when driven hard, the engine revs so darn high because it's small that mpg is bad even with no heat and a/c usage. Also, the battery and electric motor are quite small for a vehicle this large.

What they need to truly address concerns of low mpg on the hybrid would require the engineers to build 'a better hybrid' and vehicles already built cannot be 'fixed' so it's great they are getting engineers involved for maybe future generations right now, they can't do much to address concerns of customers. Well, maybe compensate them with oil changes, a pre loaded debit card etc, but fixing the vehicle... It's not going to happen.

I may have to start firing off emails or make calls too about this just to have it logged. If anything it'll maybe push them to build a real hybrid qx60 come the second generation and not just make a qx60 mild hybrid again.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The only thing he could tell me was that Infiniti was working with the customer to find out why the poor milage. I got the impression they were working with the Engineering staff.

I have about 2400 miles on my QX60 Hybrid now, and I've noticed it is starting to get much better gas mileage. Last night, I made a 12 mile trip (city driving) to pick up a pizza, and I averaged 32 MPG for the trip (44 + 20)/2). I've also noticed it is beginning to drive more in EV mode more, even with the A/C on.

The hybrid owners manual advises to not pay much attention to the gas mileage for the first 3000 miles...I'm beginning to think the engine management computer is programmed to run the engine more during the first 3000 miles to break the engine in before the first oil change.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I've definitely noticed that customers see increased mileage on the Q50 Hybrid aftern 1200-1500 miles. I believe there's both a car component and a driver component involved in this increase. I've been driving my Q50 hybrid since December and definitely continue to get better at milking EV miles from it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, I've got over 3200 miles now and mileage is still quite under what the sticker ratings are during a/c and heat usage. It's got to do with the way they implemented the hybrid in this vehicle, not hitting a certain mileage count. And changing the way I drive or using hypermiling techniques is out for me. I've owned several Prius and in them you just drive them normal, heat/ac/noheat/no a/c and they get sticker mpg numbers. It's all about thoughtful implementation of the hybrid tech.

Nonetheless, still enjoy my QX60 because the main reason I got it was for interior room for family on trips and in that area it's the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OP - not seeing a lot of QX60s in the southeast. I just wonder if Infiniti has done a good enough job building awareness of the car - it doen't seem to be in the considered set of many (any) of our peers with active/growing families.

As someone who spent several weeks researching and driving cars in this class, I can tell you there are two choices for folks that need a useful third row and storage behind it. The QX60/Pathfinder and the Traverse/Enclave/Acadia.
I would have to add the MDX into the options above. It's exterior styling may be lacking (subjective), but it drives much better than the Infiniti. However, my wife is the pricipal driver of our SUV so we went with the QX60 - she was influenced by the exterior styling, interior fit/finish, and technology of the Nav, DVD system, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We've seen improved mileage as well but still not quite the 26/28 claimed.

Have tracked about 8000 miles so far and the first couple of thousand miles was averaging around 21 mpg and now we're at 22.1 mpg over the last 10 fuel ups. Trip computer says 23.5 and it has not been reset since January.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was in Shanghai China over the past 3 weeks and saw only 3 JX35s. a few Infiniti sedans, but that's about it. Chinese market dominated by MB, BMW, Audi.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We've seen improved mileage as well but still not quite the 26/28 claimed.

Have tracked about 8000 miles so far and the first couple of thousand miles was averaging around 21 mpg and now we're at 22.1 mpg over the last 10 fuel ups. Trip computer says 23.5 and it has not been reset since January.

I'm at about 2000 miles on my gas QX60 and averaging between 22.1 to 23.8 mixed highway/city with more highway. Surprising thing for me was that it I didn't notice any appreciable difference between the Norm and Sport modes, so have left it on Sport mode for the last few fuel ups.

Compared to my old 2011 QX56 where I was getting 15-16mpg, I'm thrilled.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts