Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if prices and options were the same, would you go for a JX35 AWD or QX60 FWD?

I live in California and will probably never take it into the snow...

and the Infiniti AWD system isn't like the Acura SH-AWD system where it distributes power left and right when you're turning, right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I was choosing between the two, I would buy the QX60 FWD. It is a newer model year (probably will hold its value better) & should get better gas mileage. Also, I live in the piedmont of North Carolina so use in winter would be minimal.

If you do end up buying either one of them, please let us know how it performs over time. I plan on purchasing a luxury crossover next year and would like some real world experience to aid my decision.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
We've been on a cross country trip with the AWD JX and I have to say, the AWD is worth it. We hit terrible storm conditions and was glad to have AWD, plus all the bells and whistles. This has been the most comfortable and safe trip we have ever taken. I'm going to be posting a blog on this and the JX Forum when we finish the trip to cover the details and car performance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
We've been on a cross country trip with the AWD JX and I have to say, the AWD is worth it. We hit terrible storm conditions and was glad to have AWD, plus all the bells and whistles. This has been the most comfortable and safe trip we have ever taken. I'm going to be posting a blog on this and the JX Forum when we finish the trip to cover the details and car performance.
Where do you live?
A great test for the AWD system will be winter weather. If you get winter weather i'd like to hear what you have to say about it's performance in winter.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
We live near Tacoma, Washington. We don't get a lot of snow but what we do get, the JX should handle nice. It handles very well in our weather ( we don't get as much rain as people think).

Today we were driving through Wyoming when out of no where came Close to 50 mph winds and sleet/snow. The car handled great. I was doing 70 mph and slowed to 65 mph. The forward collision warning system and front auto breaking functions shut off (DCA light comes on and kicks off the nannys except for blind spot warning and lane departure warning systems which work great when you can't see the road. If there is too much snow on the road, the cameras can't pick up the road mariings.

Before we headed west, I called an Infiniti service department in Wisconsin to see how the JX/QX handle in the snow. They aren't allowed to use chains or studed tires. He said their JX/QX vehicles are equipped with the Bridgestone Dueller mud and snow tires (same as on my car) which his customers are having good succes with. He stated that they have done well in up to a foot of snow.

Tommorrow we are heading west and might hit snow in Idaho and the Snoqualime pass. I'll report on that experience.

·
Registered
210 Posts
doesnt seem to have as much problems in terms of reliability

but i dont think the JX35 you are looking at will be belt driven.

The later JX35s were already switched to chain I believe.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
No JX in stock now will have the old drive system. They switched around May. And I looked. The one he's talking about is newer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
yep. I'd still get the JX35 AWD. I feel like AWD cars have better resale.

But its possible the JX35 could suffer in resale due to the extremely short life cycle.

Get a JX35 and buy a QX60 badge.

Problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts