Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new 2015 QX60 on 12/7. Horrible milage already..11 - 12 mpg.
And it has to go into the shop already.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Per the owner's manuel, don't bother measuring the fuel economy for the first 1500 miles. You are breaking in the engine/transmission, and the microprocessors that control things are making adjustments to the control settings.

Bottomline, it will improve the more you drive it.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
You should notice a significant improvement after a couple gas tanks. Don't rely on the vehicle's fuel milage indication until you have run a few tanks of gas. My first tank was around 16 but quickly moved up to 20 mpg mixed driving and 24.5 highway. If by chance you continue with poor milage, take it to the dealership's service department to check it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should notice a significant improvement after a couple gas tanks. Don't rely on the vehicle's fuel milage indication until you have run a few tanks of gas. My first tank was around 16 but quickly moved up to 20 mpg mixed driving and 24.5 highway. If by chance you continue with poor milage, take it to the dealership's service department to check it out.
Bought 2015 QX60 AWD in mid october.. After around 1200 miles I am getting nearly 14-15mpg in city. Numbers could have been better but mostly the car is being used from home to school and grocery stores at the moment. On highways the numbers are much better (24-25 mpg).

I had to go to a dealership for a check engine light and had a chance to discuss the mileage thing.. The guy told me that 13-15mpg is the expected mileage in city because it has a heavy truck body.

I think I am getting used to the way CVT works.. Apply gas and let it cruse..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heavy truck body :) Here's an observation that is potentially equally as stupid, but aren't they built on the Maxima platform? I thought I heard that somewhere. In any case, truck body, definitely not. They are a unibody like any car, not a body on frame. My wife gets hers down to 16.5 driving 1.5 miles to work. But when I take it 27 miles of freeway to my work, it gets 25. YMMV.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Right, not a truck. Any actual employee of an Infiniti dealer that said this was a truck body should be fired, immediately. I'm so confused as to how such ignoramus can be employed in dealerships.

Happens all the time, though. I remember shopping at a Honda dealer some 30 years ago and asking how many horsepower the engine had. The salesperson had no idea. Then there was the discussion I had with a Cadillac salesperson about what engine options there were (as I didn't know if there were options and was curious). He didn't know and asked several other people and after about five minutes told me he didn't know and I should check the website. I had my Infiniti service advisor not be able to show me where to connect my jumper cables (I have a hybrid and the battery is pretty buried).

I'm sure there are other examples, but these I remember the most. Ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant. I feel better, now :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
you did not mention whether your QX60 is AWD or 2WD, I am driving AWD for more than a year and constantly getting 17-18mpg in city and 22-24mpg in highway. This is in Std mode and premium fuel, not too aggressive acceleration and braking. Have driven 2WD loner QX60 for a week with regular fuel same driving conditions, got 24-25mpg in city did not get chance to drive that on highway.

A lot depends how you drive and where you drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts