Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Live in central Jersey and just bought a 2016 QX60 in Hermosa Blue with the Premium and Premium Plus packages, and I am really enjoying this car. I love the new exterior refresh and the overall driving dynamics.

My Current/Previous Cars
1998 I30t 5SPD - 180k miles - Replaced in 2015 with Mazda6 6SPD
2005 G35x w/ 140k miles - Wife's car, drives great
2006 M35x - Totaled - Replaced with 2011 Buick Enclave

The Buick Enclave had low miles, but was coming to that 5 year mark where I was going to have to spend some money on it. I got a decent trade and a decent price on the QX60, so I pulled the trigger on this deal.

It's great to see all the details on this forum. I've already made some minor updates, like the Osram headlight bulbs (could't stand the yellow lighting) and ordered the running boards. Hoping to learn and contribute.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new QX60. This forum, and the Infiniti JX forums have been very active and there are plenty of members contributing to the discussion. Don't hesitate to use the search feature if you have a specific question, but don't hesitate to post anything you desire. Since you have the 2016, your one of the few out there that probably will be able to answer questions about the car. Even though there are several nice enhancements to the 2016, much of the previous years are similar.

Enjoy your new vehicle and welcome once more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The blue and the new front end really makes the car awesome looking. Welcome and congrats.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats!

What interior color did you choose? Looks gorgeious! I am in the market for one as well and can't decide between Hermosa, Black and White. For interior colors I really like the Wheat color or Java, I am basically tired of driving Charcoal for over 16 years, had that in my Pathfinder and now currently in my 2011 Murano.

If you don't mind could you please share your purchased price? I need the panoramic moon roof so I will need to get Deluxe package, that is one that I really don't like about QX60. All other SUVs on my comparison list have panoramic moonroof standard. Q7 and XC90. I had to drop Q7 because of useless 3rd row, I really need that, hence upgrading from my Murano.

Interesting that you are coming from Enclave. I used to be moderator on Enclave forum, used to drive 2008 Enclave among the first few people who got it. It was great vehicle at that time, but had few issues being new model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone, it's certainly a great drive and looks really sharp. There aren't too many in my neck of the woods so it's a change from the usual SUVs out there.

Hermosa Blue is a beautiful color, but it seems like light scratches are more visible than say silver. I've had a black M35x and the same goes for that as well. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate to get the same color though. It's not your typical blue. :)

For interior, I chose the charcoal interior. I saw a few folks with the wheat interior and I could see a little blue from folks wearing jeans. I wish it was a darker shade of tan and I would have given it more consideration, but for my liking (and considering my two little ones), the wheat was too light for me.

As for pricing, it was $4k less than MSRP. TrueCar's website is a great resource that helped me decide if the deal was acceptable for me. Rather than dropping more on the price of the car, I was able to work my trade in higher, which also saved on the amount of sales tax I would have to pay. Definitely jealous of those with the Deluxe package though. We just weighed the cost and the benefit and, for us, cost won out over the few things we really wanted.

The Enclave was really nice, but as it got older, I figured might as well sell while I can still get good money back for it.

This weekend's project will be installing the running boards. :)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That is a good feedback on Wheat interior. I am concerned about getting it dirty as well. since I am a couple of months from making the purchase I will decide which one to go with. The Amber interior color in new XC90 is the best blend and it right in the middle, no too light and not too dark.

Sound like you got a great deal. I have been using TrueCar for some time now and found it to be very helpful with some idea on pricing.

Thanks for sharing the information and good luck with the installation of running boards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice ride.

I wanted the blue but my wife wanted black. I will let you guess what car we have in our garage right now.:)

This is my first Infiniti (or Nissan). So far so good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice ride.

I wanted the blue but my wife wanted black. I will let you guess what car we have in our garage right now.:)

This is my first Infiniti (or Nissan). So far so good.
I was in the same boat so you can guess which color we ended up with :).

I'm also glad Infiniti doesn't force you to lose interior option based on the exterior color. Honda/Acura are notorious for this. Can't get black interior on their Blue exterior on the MDX. What a dumb idea. They lost us on that. I haven't seen anyone posted the Hagane Blue yet but that Hermosa blue....Wow!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Honda/Acura is just about the worst brand to buy from if you want anything uniquely appealing, to me they are just good commuter cars, that's just about it. But I can go Infiniti or Lexus and get most of what Acura offers and more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Soccer Dad, I agree about the options but I felt like Infiniti was pulling a Honda/Acura when I couldn't get the wood trim without getting the very costly deluxe package. The carbon weave is nice, but was annoyed that I couldn't get either wood offering.

A little over a year ago, my old I30t 5 speed was on its last leg. I wanted another manual car as my daily commuter, and considering that Nissan/Infiniti didn't really have anything in my budget with a manual, I did the unthinkable. I went to the Honda dealership. :)

I put the deposit on a Accord EX with a 6 speed tranny, and placed the order, as there are only a few made each quarter. Waited two months and when the car finally arrives, they sell it to someone else. They re-did the order, and this time, I stopped off at the Mazda dealership. I walked out with a great deal on a Mazda 6 with fantastic options, a great 6 speed tranny, and driving dynamics that would put the Honda to shame.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Honda/Acura is just about the worst brand to buy from if you want anything uniquely appealing, to me they are just good commuter cars, that's just about it. But I can go Infiniti or Lexus and get most of what Acura offers and more.
I agree. After owning 5 Honda/Acuras I finally saw the "light". Their products are just too"safe". I'm not talking about safety feature but safe planning. They haven't done anything daring and if they did, they look dumb and underperform(ZDX/CrossTour).

·
Registered
66 Posts
@wwjd180

It fooled us too. I always though they all came with REAL wood trim and that the maple trim was a better option choice. We thought wrong. And it does sucks we have to fork out for the deluxe package in order to get it.

Too bad you didn't get your Accord but it sound like you're more pleased with the Mazda6. I do like the 4-door Accord Sport with manual just because of the transmission. I told myself to never again go with Honda/Acura but that San Marino color with Manual though...

Back to the OP, sorry to hijacked your thread!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@coop64, Thanks for the compliments. Every time I look at the my QX, it puts a smile on my face as I admire its overall presence. haha

There is a separate thread on running boards that provides a link to the amazon running boards for the Pathfinder. I did not have to modify the QX in any way with regards to drilling or any changes. It uses the existing frame holes and costs about $231 or something like that. I know it's not motorized but it's certainly functional and looks factory. :)

I have more pictures in the running boards thread: http://www.infinitiqx60.org/forum/appearance-body/79865-running-boards-21.html

Time will tell how it holds up in the northeast winters...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts