Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

i have this issue that has been driving me crazy in my new QX60, the issue is that the passenger side BSW is not 100% working, and it almost caused me 2 accidents.

so it is working 90% of the time, but occasionally it doesn't give you any warning even there is a car there, i noticed that it usually happens when the other car is in your blind spot however it is very close to your vehicle, about 18-24 inches away from from your vehicle, the thing is, it is really difficult to replicate, since at the same angle and with the same speed most of the time it will light up and warn you, but in very few occasions it wont, and it takes only one occasion to lead to an accident.

tried to take it to the service center, they checked the computer nothing, took it out for a test drive and the BSW works like a charm, and couldn't convince them otherwise, they have also tried to re-program it, but still its the same.

and this only happens on the passenger side,the driver side BSW never failed me, i am just really disappointed with this, specially thats its a brand new car.

is anyone else having a similiar issue, is it in the car design, or do i have a faulty radar unit ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is hard to give you an exact answer since I can't visually see it. I do know that the BSW will turn off if the vehicle is up far enough to where you can see them in your mirror (won't stay on if they are right next to you). I would keep an eye on it, and if it keeps doing it, take it in again or try another dealer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I believe relative speed comes into play as well - because sometimes I've noticed while going through downtown next to a row of parked cars, the light doesn't come on (with me doing about 30 - 40 mph). But sometimes it comes on when I'm next to a concrete barrier that is high enough...

So far I have not had issues with it not telling me there's a car next to me when I was switching lanes... although I am not fully used to having the system so I always shoulder check first then look at light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

i have notices that it lights up when adjacent to a concrete wall, or iron rails, and this is normal as per the manual.

as for the fact that i doesn't light up next to parked cars, thats also normal, and you are right relative speed plays a huge part, as if there is a car entering the detection zone with a similiar speed as your vhiechle, the BSW will not detect it.

The case i am experiencing, is that sometimes the BSW fails when there is a car coming on your blind spot ( within the detection zone), just behind the back seat passenger side, and it is in a very close proximity of your car from the side, meaning there is about 20 inches between the side of your car and the side of his car, and yet the car is not visible in the side mirror, this nearly caused me to crash twice.

can you please check if you experience the same behavior, or is it just my car that is faulty ?

a heads up that it will light up in similiar scenario most of the time, it is the occasional failure that is giving me ****, try convincing the dealership that there is something wrong, when they can't see it, it just like the judder case in the nissan pathfinder, a ghost case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts