Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I just picked up my QX60 last night. It's certified used with 15K miles and I love it...except for this excessive knocking when it idles and after I shut it off.

It sounds like the type of heat shield / catlytic converter type ping / knocking I used to have on my Ford Explorer years ago...but much louder and it lasts much longer after the car is shut off. It also happens even if the car is only running for a few minutes or so. Everyone I've showed the car to has noticed it...and it's making me wonder if I should take advantage of the 5 day return policy.

Question: Is this normal? Do all of you guys all have a lot of pinging and knocking when idling or when you shut off your QX60?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I thought it sounded odd. I didn't notice it during the test drive, but the dealership is in the city, so lots of competing noises. It sounds like it might be the exhaust cooling down, but if so, it's the loudest exhaust cool down I've come across. Back to the dealer we go. argh. Thanks!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can try suggesting to them that they keep it for a couple days and give you a loaner. Then let them know the conditions you know the problem will be noticeable, at least then it gives them time to test and properly get to the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All! I just picked up my QX60 last night. It's certified used with 15K miles and I love it...except for this excessive knocking when it idles and after I shut it off.

It sounds like the type of heat shield / catlytic converter type ping / knocking I used to have on my Ford Explorer years ago...but much louder and it lasts much longer after the car is shut off. It also happens even if the car is only running for a few minutes or so. Everyone I've showed the car to has noticed it...and it's making me wonder if I should take advantage of the 5 day return policy.

Question: Is this normal? Do all of you guys all have a lot of pinging and knocking when idling or when you shut off your QX60?

Thanks!
USE PREMIUM OR BETTER FEUL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts