Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've plasti dipped my rims and grill and I'm loving the way it looks. One thing I don't love is the roof rails and cross bars in that silver color. I can remove the cross bars easily, but I don't see how to remove the roof rails. I've done a fair bit of searching but nothing helpful has come up.
Is it possible to remove the roof rails without damaging it and without needing to mess with the headliner? If it is, I'd appreciate some pointers on how to do it. Otherwise I'm leaving them on as is I suppose. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Don't do it. I just asked one of our techs. Basically, he said once you remove it, that's it - time for a new one. There are some plastic tabs in there that will break when you remove it. My suggestion is just wrap it in vinyl. Plastidip the X-bars if you want.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I gave up after seeing it would involve bolt cutting or messing with the headliner. If it was a trivial thing, why not. But I don't want to risk damaging anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't do it. I just asked one of our techs. Basically, he said once you remove it, that's it - time for a new one. There are some plastic tabs in there that will break when you remove it. My suggestion is just wrap it in vinyl. Plastidip the X-bars if you want.
Hey good to know. I was wondering he same thing. Appreciate the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts