Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 thats never had its battery replaced. Yesterday I had to jump start it. Not sure why since we drove it for about 100 miles on the highway before stopping to grab a bite. After we finished eating, the car would not start again without jump starting it. However, it is working now but I suspect that I need to replace it given its age. Just wondering if I should change the battery myself or take it to the dealer to have it done. DIY using Costco battery is about 1/3 the cost at the dealer. However, not sure if it is complicated or not? I have never replaced a car battery before. Have read that one has to be careful so as not to short the wiring? Is that true? Any input greatly appreciated! Of if anyone has video of the process that would be awesome. thx

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think using a shop that uses a Memory Saver to save your vehicle settings while the battery exchange is happening is the way to go. I have used our local Battery and Bulbs local store twice to replace the battery on my 2013 JX35 and have been happy with their price and service. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When power is lost to the computers, the vehicle settings (radio, etc) are lost and reset to default. This means the vehicle may feel different when driven, and you may have to enter a security code to access the stereo. By using a memory saving device when replacing your car battery you avoid these problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. Thats interesting. My battery was drained down to nothing... no lights, no anything as I think my son was using the lights/radio while it was parked. when I jump start it, it took a while for the battery to accumulate some charge before I was able to start it. But all the seat setting memories and radio stations remained intact.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you're up for it, I recommend replacing it yourself. I think autozone will even do it for you, free and plug in a memory saver (ask first)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts