Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned on this site already, the USB stick interface to play music is OK but pretty basic. You select a song using the interface and it plays. You can not select by album or artist or setup any playlist.

I was thinking about getting a older IPOD if it provides a better experience. Two questions:

1) Is it any better than USB stick?
2) Does it still auto play when searching for a song to play. I do not like that "feature"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
iPod interface is same as iPhones. (Disclaimer I do not have QX60 yet, however I have the audacity to respond =D) If the interface between QX60 and Murano is same (most likely) then if you left the radio on and plug your iPod/iphone to the car it will automatically play the song/file the device was playing before.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Interface is better with iPod. You can see play lists and album art on the screen (when connected via usb).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I tried a USB stick with a 1,000 songs on it and it took quite awhile to read the stick. The song layout when it did load was not so good either. I then hooked up a 7th gen iPod Nano 16gb with about 3,000 songs that I got used for around $75 on eBay and it worked perfectly. It loaded in a few seconds each time the ignition was pushed. Album artwork, play by genre, playlists, artists, etc works perfect. Even my favorite podcast plays fine (MP3 nonvideo of course).After awhile I decided to load all of my songs (7,800) on a 64gb iPod touch 5th generation ($150 used on eBay). Works just like the smaller nano even load time is only a few seconds. I leave the iPod touch plugged in and keep the nano for use while walking. The human interface between the steering wheel controls, the dials and touch screen is the best I have ever used. It is a pleasure to drive and listen to my favorite tunes. ��

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I ended up getting an IPOD and I agree that it has a much better interface than the USB stick.

Top 3 advantages of IPOD vs. USB Stick

1) Select song by Artist/Album or Playlist
2) Able to search through songs without having the music start automatically (i.e. you need to hit enter to have the music start)
3) The music loads pretty much instantaneously when the car is started. USB stick took about 30 seconds.

The only down side are: cost and size of device. USB sticks are much cheaper and smaller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts