Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm unable to control my iPhone 5s through the touch screen while playing music. I get an error something like "incompatible device". All the other features work. I can control the music from the iPhone just fine of course. I'm surprised the 5s has this issue. All the other iPhones are listed as compatible in the Bluetooth section in the owners portal.

Does anyone have the 5s working. From the touch Nav screen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
410 Posts
My 5s was paired by my salesman, and I can control it thru the
Touchscreen or steering wheel control. I have noticed that when I connect it to the USB without disabling the blue tooth, it will default to which ever connection it senses first (Bluetooth or USB). Frankly I preferred the USB so I can charge the phone and view the album art...I'm "old school". When I turn on the car, and don't plug in the phone to USB but have blue tooth enabled on the audio screen, it works fine.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Pairing the phone to play music is a two-step process. First, you pair it as a phone. Then you have to wait a few minutes (while it syncs up the address book). Then go back into Settings -> Bluetooth -> Connected Devices -> Audio Device -> and select the phone and choose the "select" button. Now it will play music via bluetooth and allow you to skip tracks via the buttons on the dash or your steering wheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! Now the next funny. My wife and I paired both iPhones correctly. We cannot switch between them via the "replace connected phone" without the s/w wanting to pair the phone from scratch. We hVe the car in for the tow hitch installed so I asked the service manager about this. Apparently there's a known bug from Apple in the nav s/w. There's a fix coming soon from apple to be installed by Infiniti. I'll post a follow up later with rev numbers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts