Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes on my 2015 QX60 when I push the rear lift hatch button (whether on the fob or on the dash), the rear liftgate pops open, travels a few inches and stops. It's all manual on my part to muscle it all the way open and to muscle it back to the shut position where the rear latch motor then properly grabs it and sucks it into the car closing it.

Other times it works perfectly.

Any ideas? I am thinking the Automatic Back Door Control Module has got a short in the printed circuit board meaning I am on borrowed time before it totally goes out.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The rear hatch is supposed to "remember" the last open position, a feature in case your garage ceiling is low. Are you saying it won't automatically close when the door is fully opened?

If it's not closing from any open position, there is an issue with the motor and needs to be serviced.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The rear hatch is supposed to "remember" the last open position, a feature in case your garage ceiling is low. Are you saying it won't automatically close when the door is fully opened?

If it's not closing from any open position, there is an issue with the motor and needs to be serviced.
Not exactly. When I attempt to open the door, I hear the beep, beep, beep as normal, the door pops open but goes no further. I have to manually lift the gate from there to open it and then manually lower it to the point where the latch motor grabs the door and pulls it in. Other times it works perfectly with the lift motor doing its thing without strain. I have tried adjusting the “remember” position as you have mentioned and this has no effect on the situation.

The reason I think it is the control module, I have seen heat cracks in printed circuit boards act like this depending on the tempture at the time. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turns out that the motorized tear door struts needed replacing. The pair of OEM units are around $900. The Amazon Chinese knockoffs are about half of OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts