Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have purchased 2020 Infiniti QX60 AWD. History of this car was a rental. It came with only 1 key, key fob has no trouble with transmitter to open and lock the door, but the intelligent key works with the Start Stop engine, but it cannot operate the door for lock and unlock. I was told by sale’s crew that the key might be faulty, just replace it with a new key. I got two new keys been made, I still have the same problem. New keys, intelligent portion works with Start Stop, but does not work operating the door.
Is there a setup issue here? Dealership here is no help.

·
Registered
794 Posts
This issue seems to have stumped everyone, including myself. I'm not aware of any center console or behind the wheel settings to disable key fobs.

It's a stab but you should consider resetting all user settings to default.

Can you take it to the dealer under warranty, they should give you a loaner while they figure it out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a post on Q50 forum states to disconnected the battery for 40 minutes fixed the issue. I did more reading, each car allows 4 intelligent keys to be paired with it. Since I do not know the history of the car, maybe it is a good idea to revert to factory default and re registered all the keys. I will setup another appointment with Infiniti Dealership here. The tech here is not so competent. I will update this thread once I found a solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is under warranty, I took it to a different Infiniti dealership today. They wiped out all codes, like the other dealership, reprogrammed everything, but problem still exist. They tried disconnect battery trick for 40 minutes as I suggested in Q50 forum. It did not help. They will take a closer look at the BCM tomorrow. I am still puzzled as Start/Stop works, obviously it can sense the key in the car. Maybe there are multiple Proximity Detection Circuit on the BCM, one Passive Entry Proximity Detection is for the left door, one for the right. And the start/stop proximity detector is on different part of the BCM.

I will continue to update this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts