Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Infiniti will be splitting the Premium package into "Premium" and "Premium Plus" and here's a look at what these packages will include.

Infiniti will be splitting the Premium package into Premium and Premium Plus. Remote Start and Heated steering wheel moved to the Premium package (was part of Driver's Assistance in JX35). Rain sensing wipers are moved to the Premium Plus package.

What's the difference b/w Premium and Premium Plus? Easiest way is to answer what does Plus add:
- Navigation, including NavTraffic, NavWeather and Zagat Guide
- Voice Command
- Infiniti Connection telematics system
- Around View Monitor w/ Moving Object Detection and front/rear sonar
- In-dash CD/DVD player
- Rain sensing wipers

You will be able to get Driver's Assistance package w/out Premium Plus package. In order to get Theater, you'll need to get Premium and Premium Plus packages - same for Deluxe Touring.

·
Registered
323 Posts
So how much does each package cost?
I think what Andrew was reporting was insider info, cannot find this info anywhere else and the sales rep at my Infiniti dealership wasn't aware of any changes or anything new to 2014 models.

More than likely we'll have to wait for official info from Infiniti to drop.

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
We don't have pricing yet on the package changes.

Here's the text of a post I made over on the JX forum JX35 to QX60 - Q: What's going to change? A: Not a lot

What's going to change as Infiniti removes the JX35 badge from the back of the vehicle and replaces it with a QX60 badge? The short answer is not a lot. Except of course there's going to be a hybrid version - that's a big change.

First, the exterior - no new colors. There will now be a "3.5" badge added to the front fender of the gasser, and a "Hybrid" badge on the hybrid.

Interior - the Deluxe Touring package will add a power return third row seat.

Infiniti will be splitting the Premium package into Premium and Premium Plus. Remote Start and Heated steering wheel moved to the Premium package (was part of Driver's Assistance in JX35). Rain sensing wipers are moved to the Premium Plus package.

What's the difference b/w Premium and Premium Plus? Easiest way is to answer what does Plus add:
- Voice Command
- In-dash CD/DVD player
- Rain sensing wipers

You will be able to get Driver's Assistance package w/out Premium Plus package. In order to get Theater, you'll need to get Premium and Premium Plus packages - same for Deluxe Touring.

Other packages and contents remain the same.

For the Hybrid version, things are a bit more streamlined. There will basically be two package options - a la the current JX.
- HEV Premium Package - Includes contents of Premium and Premium Plus packages.
- HEV Deluxe Touring Package - Essentially loaded. Includes what in JX is called Premium, Deluxe Touring and Technology packages. It is unclear right now whether Theater is required with HEV Deluxe Touring, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. Also, I'm not certain that the power 3rd row seats are available in the hybrid.

You can get HEV Premium and add Driver's Assistance package. With HEV Deluxe Touring, Driver's Assistance changes names to "Tech Package" and is included in the Deluxe Touring.

Questions? Ask away. You want to whine about how Infiniti didn't package things to be exactly the way you think you want them? Talk to the hand.

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Oh, just noticed that Andrew had been quoting my post. Cool.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, just noticed that Andrew had been quoting my post. Cool.
You got that right! Had to quote the good info, from a good source :cool:

I think this will be the most important thing to QX60 owners when knowing if to pick premium or premium plus. IMO Premium plus is well worth it.
- Voice Command
- In-dash CD/DVD player
- Rain sensing wipers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the Infiniti Connection telematics system?

Good question.

Infiniti Connection Telematics with ADAS features described....

Infiniti Connection, a new feature offered as part of the Premium Package, can automatically synch the owner’s schedule through Google Calendar and then provides navigation guidance to appointments.
The system also allows user to set up Drive Zone and Speed Alerts, along with multiple other functions. For those desiring a more human connection, the system can connect with the Infiniti Personal Assistant, which offers owners personal concierge services, such as arranging dinner reservations, flight changes, or purchase of anniversary gifts, from inside or outside of their Infiniti vehicle.

ADAS Features:
The JX continues Infiniti’s tradition of developing world’s first technologies, adding a new feature, Backup Collision Intervention (BCI), to the currently available Blind Spot Intervention (BSI) system.

With this technology, when the transmission is in reverse, the JX will help the driver detect crossing vehicles and objects behind the JX and, if necessary, the system can automatically engage the brakes to help avoid a collision.

A number of option packages are also offered with the 2013 Infiniti JX, allowing customers to fine-tune their vehicles to their exact needs and desires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Infiniti Connection doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Google Calenders sync doesn't really appeal to me. What would be better is if Infiniti had an smartphone app that connect with the car's settings.

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Stay tuned BeyondJX. There should be an Infiniti Connection app out very soon. You'll be able to remote lock/unlock your car with it, send destinations to the car, etc.

Other things IC does: system will call you if your airbags deploy to make sure you're OK - and send emergency services if needed.
Press a button and have them send roadside assistance plus they know exactly where you are.
Use it to connect to your Infiniti Personal Assistant to find you the nearest _______. Then send that destination to your navi screen. My favorite demos for that are: In-N-Out Burger, Cheapest Gas in next xx miles, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts