1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
upon further reading all fo this looks out of date as well....hmmm...a big nothing perhaps

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unfortunately Infiniti Connection was discontinued for 2013-2014 cars.

https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/features/system-requirements/infiniti-connection-details

Not true at all... I still use it and haven't found any literature saying it was discontinued. Just unlocked my 2014 QX60 with my phone just to be sure. I send map addresses and update my Google Calendar on the infotainment in my car remotely through the Infiniti Connection App all the time. I did do a TCU upgrade to keep current.

Also, that article is under QX60 on the website, but the interior and exterior shots are of a QX80.
bbbb

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
How did you do the TCU upgrade? It is not available to my QX60, and Infiniti does not list it on their website anymore. So I think you are probably running a TCU that they believe belongs to a newer vehicle and that's why it "works." I'd love to get it working on my end as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
250 Posts
So I spoke with Infiniti.

Carlos
Thank you very much for your patience, Yemil. I was able to find your account and I see that your vehicle is registered on the account.

Also, I do see an Open Campaign for your vehicle. That is much like a recall and it is for the 3G TCU Upgrade. Were you aware of this campaign?
3:44:52 PM

Me
nope
3:45:04 PM

what are the details on this "campaign"? is the upgrade provided under warranty? car is CPO
3:45:29 PM

Carlos
The TCU is the Telematic Control Unit.

Your vehicle is equipped for Infiniti Connection which gives you features such as the SOS button, remote features and monitoring tools. The part that makes it possible for that service to function (TCU), runs off of AT&T 2G network. That network has been discontinued. In order to enroll in the service, the TCU will need to be upgraded. The vehicle will need to be taken to the dealership to have the part replaced. There is a co-pay associated with getting that upgrade done. It is $299. If you choose to pay that, you do get the Infiniti Connection Plus free for one year.

Unfortunately this campaign is not covered under any warranty since Infiniti is paying for the TCU which itself is around $2,000 and the Co-pay is to cover the labor fee.
3:46:40 PM

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, that's what I did... However, my local dealer covered half of the $299. I sprung for it when I found out my car could be stolen much easier without the upgrade and if stolen, it couldn't be tracked or immobilized. It has paid for itself twice now having ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere and another time when I wheel cylinder blew out on the freeway. Being able to hit the SOS button and let them handle the rest has been a blessing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree at $150 it's a great deal. Even at $300 I might bite the bullet but later on. I barely drive the car at the moment so it would feel like a waste when there is so much to do on the convertible :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is Infiniti Connection worth $180 a year? Why not just get roadside assistance for a few bucks ($6 from my insurance provider Progressive)? For me, I don't see the convenience of it, especially if I have to pay $300 for the new TCU. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts