Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting read about brand loyalty in the Auto industry...

7. Infiniti
> Average loyalty: 28.25%
> 2014 Vehicle sales (Jan. – Jun.): 59,341 (11th lowest)
> Dependability – problems per 100 vehicles: 128 (10th lowest)
> Manufacturer: Nissan Motor Corporation

Like other luxury brands failing to keep the customers coming back, Infiniti — Nissan’s high-end brand — has struggled in the competitive U.S. luxury market. Sales in the first half of 2014 were 13.6% higher compared to the same period last year, a larger increase than all but a handful of car makes reviewed. Despite these gains, Infiniti’s sales over that time were still far less than half those of BMW or Mercedes-Benz. The bulk of Infiniti purchases came from the new Infiniti Q50 as well as its long-popular SUV crossover, the QX60. Poor customer loyalty in this case also does not seem to be related to the quality of Infiniti vehicles, as the cars fare well on dependability tests.
9 Cars Most Likely to Be Dumped - 24/7 Wall St.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think that since Infiniti has positioned itself as slightly under the big German brands, they sacrifice some brand loyalty. When people are done with their Infiniti, they have some extra money than they did before and they want to upgrade to a Bimmer, Audi or Benz.

·
Registered
323 Posts
On the plus side, they are stepping up, more up to par with the germans, seems like it will be a long road but they are improving greatly, same for lexus. Just wondering if they will always continue to be a step behind or not.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do not understand the 9 cars to be dumped article. I do not see that any of them have been given the AXE! What am I missing here? As far as loyalty goes, this is not 1960 anymore. People are loyal to a brand ONLY until something better come up!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I do not understand the 9 cars to be dumped article. I do not see that any of them have been given the AXE! What am I missing here? As far as loyalty goes, this is not 1960 anymore. People are loyal to a brand ONLY until something better come up!
that is very true, look at how brands like Hyundai and Kia have risen up, Equus.

·
Registered
89 Posts
that is very true, look at how brands like Hyundai and Kia have risen up, Equus.
Yes, not to even mention computers! We who build our own have our favorite MoBo manufacturer...until someone else comes out with one of the same or better quality with better features. Then there is a big switch from loyal fans to the next best thing! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
What's the point of being loyal to a brand if there is something you like better from another brand? People stick with a brand becuase they like what they do and who they build things for. If you like something by another brand better, you are loyal to the wrong brand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What's the point of being loyal to a brand if there is something you like better from another brand? People stick with a brand becuase they like what they do and who they build things for. If you like something by another brand better, you are loyal to the wrong brand.
Yes, but in the days of the 50's and 60's, etc, there were whole family s who bought nothing but Ford, or Chevy and would not even think of something else. Those days are long gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts