Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti recently reported its July 2013 sales, which sadly were a decrease of 33.2 percent from what the luxury carmaker posted last year in the same month. The only vehicle in Infiniti's range that had an uptick in sales over 1st year was the QX60, which had an incredible 80.3 percent growth in sales over July 2012.

All this comes at a point where Infiniti and consumers are awaiting the release of the Q50 luxury sports sedan.

I'm thinking that the release of new models will turn this trend around. Do you think that is what is going to happen, or are these sales figures a bad omen for Infiniti?

Full article.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Infiniti recently reported its July 2013 sales, which sadly were a decrease of 33.2 percent from what the luxury carmaker posted last year in the same month. The only vehicle in Infiniti's range that had an uptick in sales over 1st year was the QX60, which had an incredible 80.3 percent growth in sales over July 2012.

All this comes at a point where Infiniti and consumers are awaiting the release of the Q50 luxury sports sedan.

I'm thinking that the release of new models will turn this trend around. Do you think that is what is going to happen, or are these sales figures a bad omen for Infiniti?

Full article.
Thats exactly what it is, pent up demand. Shoppers were waiting for the Q50 release which was supposed to be in July, pushed back to August.

Also waiting for the new QX60 to drop, although the changes in QX60 from the JX are minimal, I believe its the QX60H people were really waiting for.

Im interested though to see what August numbers look like, considering the G37 Seden and the Q50 are going to be sold alongside each other. the G37 wasnt moving at all before the Q50 release but has since gotten a price cut.

So we'll see. Infiniti seems to be in a strong position these numbers non withstanding.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly what it is, pent up demand. Shoppers were waiting for the Q50 release which was supposed to be in July, pushed back to August.

Also waiting for the new QX60 to drop, although the changes in QX60 from the JX are minimal, I believe its the QX60H people were really waiting for.

Im interested though to see what August numbers look like, considering the G37 Seden and the Q50 are going to be sold alongside each other. the G37 wasnt moving at all before the Q50 release but has since gotten a price cut.

So we'll see. Infiniti seems to be in a strong position these numbers non withstanding.
I feel like you can't take one month's sales numbers as the be all end all. It's all about trends and demand. Everyone will have to wait for the new models to be released to get a real read on how Infiniti is doing. If the new models some how fail to sell well then Infiniti is in trouble, but I think everyone is anticipating them to do pretty well.

The price cut on the G37 should also have an impact, but I am anticipating less of an impact than people are thinking right now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well what we do know is that the QX60 is selling really well. Often times car makers only need one good model to support the brand, but it would be nice for Infiniti if that was not the case.

Plenty of new models coming out soon so we will see if any of the rest of them gain traction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wasn't there alot of issues with the current JX just like the Nissan pathfinder?

I am gonna wait it out for the next generation of Qx60 just to be safe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I haven't heard any problems with the QX60, and I'm not that worried. Any problems that would spill over from the 2014 Pathfinder hopefully would have been fixed for the QX60 since Nissan already knew about them.

It's always a safer bet to wait out the first model year, but the QX60 rally just went through a name change. It isn't all that different from the JX, right?

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
There seem to be more problems with the Pathfinder for some reason.

Main problem being the CVT not being smooth.
The JX transmission is very smooth. I've ridden in the Pathfinder and really didn't notice the difference as a passenger but the driver might notice a difference.

·
Registered
295 Posts
and the problems dont stop here, apparently the memory seat function doesn't function properly. it doesn't sound like that much of an issue but try sharing a vehicle with a couple of other people in your house that like to have their own settings....it's not fun having to readjust all the time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
and the problems dont stop here, apparently the memory seat function doesn't function properly. it doesn't sound like that much of an issue but try sharing a vehicle with a couple of other people in your house that like to have their own settings....it's not fun having to readjust all the time.
Good god, what did people ever do before power seats:eek::eek:
Nissan owners are starting to sound like complainers.

The pathfinder and QX60 share a CVT. The pathfinders is chain driven, the Qx60 is belt driven. The Chain driven derivative is shared with the ALtima, both Altima and Pathfinder are having major tranny trouble, while the QX60 and its supposedly inferior belt drive keeps clicking along...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Having to readjust your seat manually is soooooooooo terrible. #1stworldproblems

But if you are going to put a memory function in the car it should work properly. What exactly is the matter with it QXSixty?

·
Registered
323 Posts
at least the memory seat issue isn't as bad as the CVT issue. i rather live with having to readjust my seat than dealing with a transmission that might leave me stranded one day.
plus how hard would it be for them to fix the memory seat issue, it's not that complicated

1 - 17 of 17 Posts