Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They share the same platform and the same engine options for both petrol and hybrid versions. The Infiniti being the more luxury brand.

The QX60 predecessor JX35 cost about 42k, while the Pathfinder cost just under 30k.

Where does the 12k go? What features does the QX60/JX35 have that the Pathfinder doesn't?

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
There are a lot of real nice features on the JX/QX60 that you cannot get on the Pathfinder. Items such as smart cruise control, blind sport warning, lane departure warning, lane departure intervention, forward collision warning and brake assist, back up collision intervention, Infiniti Connection and Personal Assistant, higher quality leather, hill holder braking, remote start and a few other items. The transmission is different on the JX. It is a CVT but has the ability to manually shift from gear ratios 1 through 6.

I do recommend to the serious buyer to test drive both cars and make sure you drive the fully loaded JX and Pathfinder Platinum. You should notice the differences. With the QX60 coming out shortly, I've noticed several members on the InfinitiJX.com forum have been picking up fully loaded JX's at excellent pricing. I paid $56K for our fully loaded JX and several members have paid several thousands less.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a lot of real nice features on the JX/QX60 that you cannot get on the Pathfinder. Items such as smart cruise control, blind sport warning, lane departure warning, lane departure intervention, forward collision warning and brake assist, back up collision intervention, Infiniti Connection and Personal Assistant, higher quality leather, hill holder braking, remote start and a few other items. The transmission is different on the JX. It is a CVT but has the ability to manually shift from gear ratios 1 through 6.

I do recommend to the serious buyer to test drive both cars and make sure you drive the fully loaded JX and Pathfinder Platinum. You should notice the differences. With the QX60 coming out shortly, I've noticed several members on the InfinitiJX.com forum have been picking up fully loaded JX's at excellent pricing. I paid $56K for our fully loaded JX and several members have paid several thousands less.
Thanks for the info Bob, is it fair to say that the JX35/QX60 is a pathfinder but with more features then? The engine, handling and power are all the same? I'm questioning whether I actually would need any of those features you listed.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
The engine is the same on both but the transmissions are different. The Pathfinder has the Xtronic CVT and a fan for cooling the transmission. The Pathfinder tows 5,000 lbs whereas the JX only 3,500 lbs. I haven't driven the Pathfinder, but I bet the ride is similar, however the JX has more insulation, which makes for a quieter ride. The QX60 and new Pathfinder hybrids will have the smaller 2.5 Liter supercharged engine which should be adequate power, but the towing capacity will be probably closer to 3,500 lbs.

As for the features, they are really nice and will spoil you once you've driven the car for awhile. If budget is a concern however, I wouldn't think twice about picking up a Pathfinder. I'd make sure I at least have it equipped with the Navigation. We traded in a 2010 fully loaded Armada Platinum and really miss it (other than the poor gas milage).

If you are serious about purchasing one of the cars, I recommend you test drive several versions of each car. I love Nissan quality and after owning 7 of their vehicles and never having any serious mechanical problems with them, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another vehicle from them.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Ask the PF salesperson to walk behind the car while you're backing up. Then ask the Infiniti salesperson to do the same. See which one is willing. Hint: I do this demo all the time with the JX - I'm an Infiniti salesperson.

When the JX first came out, we had a lot of customers telling us they didn't need all the "nanny" features. Most are like BobOB. Once they see how helpful and safe the features of the Drivers Assistance package are, they love them. I mentioned backup collision intervention. I've had a couple of customers call to say this literally saved their butt when backing out of a parking spot (it senses cars coming along, as well as people). Hopefully none of us will ever need the Forward Collision Warning and Intelligent Brake Assist - but it is nice to have. Blind Spot warning is another great one. You can get the around view monitor on a loaded Mallfinder, but I think it is only on the loaded one. Infiniti Connection - for those that take advantage of it - is awesome. Right click on a destination on Google Maps and send it to your car. Sync your calendar to the car. Have your Infiniti Personal Assistant find you the nearest In-N-Out burger and then send the destination to your navi screen. Not to mention longer warranty, better interior materials, quieter, free loaner cars when yours is in the shop, etc.

They're both great cars. But you do get a lot with the Infiniti that you don't with the PF.

Reactions: InfinitiFan

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I'm not a sales person, but if I were, I'd want to sell the Infiniti line. As much as I love Nissan products, you get a lot more when you buy an Infiniti, and most of all, I think you'll find the customer service after you purchase an Infiniti excellent. When we decided to not wait for the Pathfinder to come out and go with the Infiniti, my wife and I took a rough guess at what the difference between a fully loaded JX would cost as compared to a fully loaded Pathfinder. We figured it would be roughly $10K and pretty much hit the nail on the head. The difference in payment wasn't that much more going fully loaded and considering this was going to be a long term vehicle, I think we made the right decision. As I've mentioned before, the extra technology will spoil you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not a sales person, but if I were, I'd want to sell the Infiniti line. As much as I love Nissan products, you get a lot more when you buy an Infiniti, and most of all, I think you'll find the customer service after you purchase an Infiniti excellent. When we decided to not wait for the Pathfinder to come out and go with the Infiniti, my wife and I took a rough guess at what the difference between a fully loaded JX would cost as compared to a fully loaded Pathfinder. We figured it would be roughly $10K and pretty much hit the nail on the head. The difference in payment wasn't that much more going fully loaded and considering this was going to be a long term vehicle, I think we made the right decision. As I've mentioned before, the extra technology will spoil you.
That's something a lot of new Pathfinder owners ran into, after purchasing their PF's they realized that a nice JX was just as attainable and was well worth the extra you pay. JX/QX60 is definitely where I would put my money at.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ask the PF salesperson to walk behind the car while you're backing up. Then ask the Infiniti salesperson to do the same. See which one is willing. Hint: I do this demo all the time with the JX - I'm an Infiniti salesperson.

When the JX first came out, we had a lot of customers telling us they didn't need all the "nanny" features. Most are like BobOB. Once they see how helpful and safe the features of the Drivers Assistance package are, they love them. I mentioned backup collision intervention. I've had a couple of customers call to say this literally saved their butt when backing out of a parking spot (it senses cars coming along, as well as people). Hopefully none of us will ever need the Forward Collision Warning and Intelligent Brake Assist - but it is nice to have. Blind Spot warning is another great one. You can get the around view monitor on a loaded Mallfinder, but I think it is only on the loaded one. Infiniti Connection - for those that take advantage of it - is awesome. Right click on a destination on Google Maps and send it to your car. Sync your calendar to the car. Have your Infiniti Personal Assistant find you the nearest In-N-Out burger and then send the destination to your navi screen. Not to mention longer warranty, better interior materials, quieter, free loaner cars when yours is in the shop, etc.

They're both great cars. But you do get a lot with the Infiniti that you don't with the PF.
That's actually a great honest way to sell this upgrade as it clearly is something that makes life easier and can prevent some sticky situations. It would be unfortunate if some parent hits their child while backing up, at least with this it will not likely happen

·
Registered
44 Posts
As far as branding goes, the Infiniti is a more luxurious brand. I would equate the QX60 as a fully loaded Pathfinder plus more. The question is are you willing to pay more for the features. If you are looking to save money than get a Pathfinder. The driving experience is more or less the same.-

·
Registered
295 Posts
one of the perks of getting a JX/QX60 over a PF is projector headlights. still surprised the 2013 PF doesn't come with projector headlights, the cost to include them isn't much especially when produced on the scale Pathfinders are produced on. Might just be a matter of time before it happens, mid-cycle refresh maybe?

·
Registered
200 Posts
one of the perks of getting a JX/QX60 over a PF is projector headlights. still surprised the 2013 PF doesn't come with projector headlights, the cost to include them isn't much especially when produced on the scale Pathfinders are produced on. Might just be a matter of time before it happens, mid-cycle refresh maybe?
Wow! could you please predict the outcome of this year's elections >:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts