Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Been considering these 2 SUVs, and we had mostly decided on the Infiniti. Soemone in askcarsales was adamant that we shouldn't buy the qx60 though, so second guessing now. Anyone have any experience? We really like the size, 3rd row is actually usable. Also thought the interior was nice, nothing too flashy.

Budget is probably 35-40k, maybe a different luxury 3rd row suv is best? Most the 3rd row seems kinda worthless (q7, x5). Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We went with the QX60 for the added room and great looks with 20” wheels. As you mention, 3rd row room in the QX60 is pretty good which can’t be said for the MDX. Also, features like moving object detection and the front camera (for parking easier in our garage) are nice. MDX is sportier and faster but I now prefer the CVT in the QX60 due to its smoothness vs a regular automatic transmission with gears.

What was the reasoning for not recommending the QX60? We’ve had a few issues that were covered under warranty mostly related to the forward emergency braking system.

We also looked at the pilot and atlas which are both even bigger inside than the QX60. We would have gotten the pilot but ended up finding the exact used one we were looking for with the wheat interior. The one thing the QX60 is missing is apple car play but we’ve gotten over that.

Hyundai and Kia have two new good looking large 3 row SUVs to check out. Palisade and Telluride. We would have looked at these if they were out last year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was also stuck in a similar spot several months ago. Both were nice vehicles. Couple of things swayed me to the QX60 though. First, I was shopping for CPO models (couldn't afford brand new, by any stretch LOL) and I found a QX60 with ALL of the features I was looking for (heated steering wheel, heated AND cooled seats, rear entertainment system for roadtrips with the little ones, etc...) for a good price. I found an MDX for a good price and it was a model year newer, but lacked several of these features. The QX60 that I ended up going with also has the 360degree camera view option, useful when parking to make sure I am straight in the lines (not necessary by any means to have this option, but now that I do, I really like it). Second thing that swayed me as I looked for CPO was the extended coverage wrap option that Infiniti had. It was by years only; unlimited mileage. Never heard of that before. The service when I walk in the door to my local Infiniti dealership is phenomenal. I have even begun to get to know several of the service guys, which is nice. Putting it over the top was when I heard that every Saturday between 10 and 2 I can stop by the dealership and have it hand washed for free, forever. I am about 3 or 4 months post purchase and I do NOT regret my decision for the QX60 one bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We test drove a 2017 MDX Advance and a 2018 QX60 with all options except the Theater Pkg. Both were the same price. QX60 was the winner hands down. The MDX is just not a luxury vehicle. It’s not a smooth driving suv and not sporty enough to make up for it. My wife hated that she could feel every bump. Two screens are confusing and that push button shifter is just dumb. The only thing the MDX has going for it is a better AWD system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We wanted an actual working 3rd row not just for 5 year olds so the QX60 was the better choice. The 3rd row in the Acura wasnt comparable. But then again, you may be getting a bias opinion since you are asking QX60 owners on a QX60 forum. Hahaha!

3rd row came in handy a few weeks ago. Complete full car....

3 adults in the 3rd row. 1 adult between 2 loaded baby car seats in the 2nd row. Men up front in the 1st row. Drove 45 min one way with no complaints.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I literally couldn't fit my feet in the passenger footwell of the Hondas. And we've owned Hondas/Acuras before! It may seem like an odd thing to judge a car on, but if you plan to use the car for trips, you want to be comfortable. We went to a car show and crawled through a bunch of cars. I don't recall Infiniti being at that car show, though. However, while looking to purchase, we ran across a used QX60, and it seemed better than some of the others we were looking at. Maybe not quite as much storage space as some others, maybe not as fast, etc., but yet, it is comfortable, and seems to be a great car for road trips.

I think there are a lot of subjective things that go into what might make one car better for you than another car. I try to keep in mind some of the ways in which we'll use it. Like, if you plan to sometimes have enough passengers to need that 3rd row, you need to sit in it and guesstimate if it's large enough for the intended passengers. Maybe smaller is OK for kids, but for the QX60, I think even adults have enough room. Not the most comfy back there but not bad.

The hardest part for me is visualizing the storage space.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just switched to a 2019 MDX with Advance package. My 2016 QX60 fully loaded including the theatre package lease was up. I had a few Bugs in the accident avoidance features , especially if the front bumper cameras / sensors got dirty or snow covered. It would flash an "idiot" light that the system was not working.... Dealer could never replicate the problem. A quick comparison after 3 days..... QX60 is more luxurious ], has more passenger and cargo room, a very nice 15 speaker sound system, easier egress and ingress via larger doors, more comfortable seating , and i never had any issue with the CVT tranny. The MDX, handles better, has a better AWD system hands down, but less room, and unless you opt for the entertainment package, an inferior sound system (10 speaker ELS vs. 15 speaker Bose). At this time, I made a better lease deal. The 2019 MDX has a 9AT which was retuned and the suspension was retuned (according to the web reviews), and includes automatic dampining of the suspension. Even though as a Grandfather with now 3 grandkids, I never used the theatre package - total waste of $50 bucks a month in the lease. But thats my fault. The screens are crappy though. The Infotainment systems on both are outdated. No tuning knob in the MDX with only average upper screen quality. The QX kept it simple and easy for selecting and tuning the radio and other audio choices, an excellent sound (IMO) but it is very dated. Lacks Apple iPlay or Android play , The MDX has both. The best infotainment sytem out there is Jeep Grand Cherokee's - bar none , the best. I drove a lot of cars to decide. I also strongly considered the QX50, but it was more expensive than the QX60, as a newer model. The RDX was better IMO, except for that console Touch Pad for the controls. But also more expensive as a new model to lease than the QX60.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts