Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Infiniti QX60 was the only Infiniti vehicle that recorded an overall increase in sales over last year to date. In October 2012 16,437 QX60s were sold. This year 24,843 have been sold. That is a 51.1% increase in sales over last year.

Another point to be made is that the Q50 sedan has only had two months on the market so there are no sales figures from last year to compare to. The Q50 and the G37 sedan helped car sales to to tick up when comparing October 2013 to October 2012, up by 21.1%, but overall car sales have been down for Infiniti by 15.4% for the whole year.

Another point to be made is that there will soon be the QX60 Hybrid on the market. It will be coming out later this month, and that should help to bolster Infiniti sales.

This is the full Nissan/Infiniti sales figures for October 2013.

You can check out the full report here --> Infiniti U.S. Sales Increase 4.5 Percent in October - Sales Reports - Infiniti Online Newsroom

·
Registered
148 Posts
well QX60 and Q50 are the only new vehicles. All infinitis other models are VERY long in the tooth and are suffering as competitors have all been refreshed... Its a good signal the vehicles are reaching the end of their design cycles and we should be seeing new stuff soon.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
We got our first QX60 Hybrid yesterday. More coming next week.

I sold a lot of QX60's last month. More QX60's than Q50's.

Reactions: InfinitiFan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When was the QX60 first released. I just assumed that it was about as old as the other models that haven't been refreshed for a while. Its styling certainly fits in with the older models.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
SBD, QX60 was introduced in mid-2012 as the 2013 JX35. So the car in its current form is about 1.5 years old. The QX60 name was introduced with the 2014 model and Infiniti's switch of all model names to either Q+number for cars and QX+number for Crossovers/SUVs. QX60 is same as JX35 except for the badges. QX60 Hybrid is new for 2014.

So I've driven the hybrid a bit more now. I have to say that performance seems really, really close to that of the gasser. It may feel slightly quicker 0-20, but I'm not sure if that's just me hitting the accelerator harder than I typically do, just to test power.

Noise inside the vehicle is pretty similar, but a slightly different tone from the gasser. Makes sense since there's a 4-banger under the hood.

I haven't driven the hybrid to altitude yet, but in talking with colleagues and clients recently, it occurs to me the hybrid should out-perform the gasser at altitude. The supercharger will give some boost to the thinner air entering the engine, and an electric motor doesn't loose power because of altitude. Also, the engine braking and regenerative brakes should actually provide better speed control on slippery downhills. I think way more about snow driving than most people (my part-time job is teaching skiing so I drive in the snow a lot).

Infiniti calls this a 'mild' hybrid. It is different from the Q50 hybrid and M35h. The engine rarely shuts down at stops. It does idle very low, but in the Q50 the engine is typically shut off at a stop sign. My guess/speculation is that the hybrid battery doesn't have enough juice to really keep all the electronics running very much on its own, so the engine stays on. That said, if the fuel economy prediction holds true, it is still going to be a nice economy boost for those that do a lot of around-town driving. And considering that this car is very often the mommy/kid school/soccer drop-off mobile, that is likely to be where it gets used.

We were told there would be no loss of cargo space in the hybrid. This isn't exactly true, although the difference is minimal. The well under the rear cargo area in the hybrid has a box for the jack and tools. The gasser had a bulge where they were hidden under the 3rd row seat. Not a deal-breaker by any means.

I like driving the hybrid. I can't say there are any particular benefits, nor drawbacks to the hybrid over the gasser. If you are considering either a Premium only vehicle, or a loaded one, I'd definitely look at the hybrid. If you were buying the QX60 and planning to configure it with Premium, Premium Plus and Driver's Assistance packages (roughly $51K), you can't get the Driver Assistance features in the hybrid unless you pay close to $60K with all the stuff.

·
Registered
210 Posts
few things it noticed. wow alot of people buy QX80s. Wow are Q60 sales poor or what. Wow people actually buy the Juke?! And in thousands?! wow the 370z doesnt sell well. Wow they sell 80 GTRs a month.

·
Registered
295 Posts
good to see an increase in sales, it's a good sign that Infiniti is doing something right while some of the competition may not be,

·
Registered
89 Posts
Other than the black border at the fron bumper I don't see much different between the two. And the headlights, but I think I like the old ones better...

What else is different?

·
Registered
148 Posts
if you can't see a difference how can i see one for you.

Its an evolution of design language, kind of like the original iPhone resembles your new iPhone...

·
Registered
295 Posts
the old face was nice at the time, but there's no way that same look will fly with the rest of the industry and their new cars now. i like almost all infiniti designs, even the old school Infiniti G20!

·
Registered
295 Posts
the top one is a QX50 by the way.

The bottom one is a QX60

Different cars...
That does make a difference but usually all if not most infiniti's share the same overall design with their proportions altering the design a bit. Moving from that era in Infiniti's life to now, there's a great difference. Can't wait for the redesigned QX50.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts