Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nope, the high end Bose system also has an additional Bose amp, noise cancellation, and the system was calibrated to the QX60 by Bose engineers—no distortion or resonance, even at low freq. If you haven’t listened to the 15 speaker system in the QX60, you should the next time you’re at the dealership. The two systems are night and day different. I have it in mine, and I’ve listened to the 13 speaker system...and it doesn’t compare. But don’t take my word for it, go hear the difference for yourself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like you need the deluxe touring package on a 2015 to get the high end Bose system.

“Options include the Premium Package ($1,550) with 13-speaker Bose premium audio, CD/DVD/MP3 playback, driver's seat occupant memory, entry/exit assist, enhanced intelligent key fob, heated steering wheel, driver's power lumbar support, remote engine start. The Hybrid Premium Package ($4,600) adds a hard-drive navigation system with 8-inch touch-screen, Lane Guidance, voice recognition, NavTraffic, NavWeather, Zagat restaurant survey, INFINITI Connection service, Around View monitor with moving object detection, rain-sensing wipers.

The Premium Plus Package ($3,000) includes the hard-drive navigation system with 8-inch touch-screen, voice recognition, NavTraffic, NavWeather, Zagat restaurant survey, INFINITI Connection service, Around View camera monitor system with moving object detection, rain-sensing wipers, reverse tilt-down mirrors. The Deluxe Touring Package ($3,450) includes 15-speaker Bose Surround Sound audio, 20-inch wheels, second- and third-row moonroof, power rear sunshade, advanced climate control system, climate-controlled front seats, heated outboard second-row seats, maple interior accents, third-row seatback power return.

The Technology Package ($2,800) includes Lane Departure Warning and intervention, Blind Spot Intervention, automatic pre-crash front seatbelt tensioners. The Deluxe Technology Package for Hybrid ($6,050) also includes 15-speaker Bose Surround Sound, 20-inch wheels, second- and third-row moonroof, power rear sunshade, advanced climate control with automatic circulation and air purifier, climate-controlled front seats, heated outboard second-row seats, maple interior accents. The Driver Assistance Package ($1,900) includes active trace control, Blind Spot Warning, Eco pedal, Forward Collision Warning, Intelligent cruise control, Distance Control Assist, Backup Collision Intervention, Intelligent Brake Assist. Purchase of Premium and Premium Plus Packages is required.

The Theater Package ($1,700) comes with dual seven-inch color front seatback monitors, two wireless headphones, wireless remote control, auxiliary audio and video input jacks, a 120-volt power outlet, and two headphone jacks with individual volume control. Other options include roof rails ($495), a Tow Package ($510), polished 20-inch forged wheels ($1,605), illuminated kick plates ($440), dual DVD entertainment ($1,870), and a maple accents package ($400). Port-installed accessories include a cargo package ($230), rear bumper protector ($210), splash guards ($205), and crossbars for the roof rails ($300). “

Well, definitely looks like I do have the 15 speaker system. Which makes sense because I honestly thought the sound was great. Granted like I said, I usually have kids with me and don't get to really crank it all that loud. But even at low volumes it sounds fantastic, IMO.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nope, the high end Bose system also has an additional Bose amp, noise cancellation, and the system was calibrated to the QX60 by Bose engineers—no distortion or resonance, even at low freq. If you haven’t listened to the 15 speaker system in the QX60, you should the next time you’re at the dealership. The two systems are night and day different. I have it in mine, and I’ve listened to the 13 speaker system...and it doesn’t compare. But don’t take my word for it, go hear the difference for yourself.

Both Bose 13/15 speaker systems all share the same amps, wattage, speakers and wave acoustic subwoofer. They both have noise cancellation. The only difference between the two are the rear door tweeters and 5.1 digital decoding. I’ve compared the part numbers, diagrams etc.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Both Bose 13/15 speaker systems all share the same amps, wattage, speakers and wave acoustic subwoofer. They both have noise cancellation. The only difference between the two are the rear door tweeters and 5.1 digital decoding. I’ve compared the part numbers, diagrams etc.
Your reply perked my interest. The QX60 15 speaker system has Bose Centerpoint technology, the 13 speaker system does not.

I have a 2014 Hybrid with Hybrid Premium Package, Deluxe Technology Package, and the Theater Package, so it has the 15 Speaker System with Centerpoint tech and sounds great. I swear I read that it also had active noise control technology -- but I can't find any literature to back that up in the QX60. The 2014 Q70 has ACN, so perhaps I've been confusing the two for the past 5 years. -- I am getting older. 0:)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Found it -- so I'm not losing my mind!

Active Noise Control (ANC) is listed on my window sticker -- center column, 8th line under TECHNOLOGY. Interestingly, it is not listed under the Deluxe Technology Package Bose Cabin Surround sound system (3rd column).

I remember the active noise control being listed on Infiniti's website for the QX60, but I don't see it listed now. Does anyone else have ANC listed on their window sticker? I though it required the surround sound...but now I'm not so sure -- perhaps it was standard?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Last post and I'm done....

Found this 2015 Dealer's brochure on-line that contains a lot of info I've been looking for.

On page 12 under "AUDITORY INDULGENCE", it states the 15 speaker system has two sub-woofers. I've always counted 14 speakers, including the wave guide in the back, so the 15th speaker must be a sub-woofer built into the center console between the front seats...something I've long suspected.

On page 16, the table shows that Active Noise Cancellation is standard on the Hybrid QX60 -- has nothing to do with the Bose Center Point system. It doesn't appear to be available on the V-6 model.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rooster, I stand corrected.

The 13 speaker setup has Bose amp # 28061 3JC0B
The 15 speaker setup has Bose amp # 28061-3JD0B

I'm trying to dig to see if the difference is channel separation or wattage. Maybe those two additional tweeters are driven by the amp separately vs. inline via the rear door drivers. Would make sense with Centerpoint. I'm fairly confident the wattage is the same for both amplifiers, just the addition of sound stage logic.

Regarding Centerpoint:

Next-Generation Bose® Centerpoint® 2.0 and AudioPilot® 2.0

The Studio on Wheels system also includes two enhanced Bose technologies: Centerpoint 2.0 and AudioPilot 2.0. Bose Centerpoint 2.0 surround technology uses a proprietary Bose algorithm to analyze the stereo signal and convert it into multiple channels. All listeners enjoy an immersive surround-sound experience from almost any stereo source, including CDs, digital music files and satellite radio. Bose AudioPilot 2.0 noise compensation technology preserves the audio experience, even as background sound levels change. A strategically placed microphone in the vehicle cabin continuously monitors ambient noise conditions, while a sophisticated Bose algorithm analyzes the music signal and adjusts it to reduce the effect. AudioPilot technology operates automatically, enabling drivers to focus more on what’s coming down the road and less on audio controls.

Sounds like Audio Pilot is the active noise cancellation, don't see any mention of that being part of the QX60s features except for the Active Noise Control in the Hybrid. Probably because it's a 4 cyl and has more levels of NVH.

There is only one subwoofer, the Acoustic Wave, in the rear cargo area. No additional subwoofers exist in the 13/15 Bose setup.

Speaker count for the 13 speaker is 2 A pillar tweeters, 2 dash top mid drivers, 1 dash top mid channel, 2 drivers front door, 2 drivers rear doors, 2 D pillar drivers, 1 Acoustic Wave subwoofer with two drivers.

Speaker count for the 15 speaker is 2 A pillar tweeters, 2 dash top mid drivers, 1 dash top mid channel, 2 drivers front door, 2 drivers rear doors, 2 rear door tweeters, 2 D pillar drivers, 1 Acoustic Wave subwoofer with two drivers.

Here's the bottom of the Acoustic Wave unit:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks for the info, so they are counting the ascoustic wave as two separate speakers then? Sounds like you have some schematics of the design that show the speaker placement-I’ve never been able to find that. If correct, can you provide a link? I wonder why the dealer brochure I linked in my post above references 2 subwoofers— I guess they’re counting the two Speakers in the ascoutic wave?

Regardless, it sounds great.

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the info, so they are counting the ascoustic wave as two separate speakers then? Sounds like you have some schematics of the design that show the speaker placement-I’ve never been able to find that. If correct, can you provide a link? I wonder why the dealer brochure I linked in my post above references 2 subwoofers— I guess they’re counting the two Speakers in the ascoutic wave?

Regardless, it sounds great.

Cheers
Yes, the two drives in the wave unit counts as two speakers, even though it's one unit. This is what I use as a reference:

Reactions: pdv and gmuney1

·
Registered
2017 QX60
24 Posts
I have 2017 with premium+ and DVD system with 13 speakers. I used to read this thread almost every week
to see if anyone will post some helpful instructions to make 13 speaker bose system better sound quality.
In the past, I had loaner with deluxe package and there is no doubt they sound really great!

In my situation, I use Apple music app for audio streaming in my QX60. The sound
quality is so poor i hate it.

Last week I tried different music app(Vox) on my iphone. Swear to god, i was so surprised to see how great 13 speaker bose system is.

I highly recommend using different music app on iphone to see the difference.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have 2017 with premium+ and DVD system with 13 speakers. I used to read this thread almost every week
to see if anyone will post some helpful instructions to make 13 speaker bose system better sound quality.
In the past, I had loaner with deluxe package and there is no doubt they sound really great!

In my situation, I use Apple music app for audio streaming in my QX60. The sound
quality is so poor i hate it.

Last week I tried different music app(Vox) on my iphone. Swear to god, i was so surprised to see how great 13 speaker bose system is.

I highly recommend using different music app on iphone to see the difference.
I would not have guessed an app would have made that much of a difference. Good to know, and thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Different apps have different sound quality when streaming (kbs). When you have a higher fidelity sound system you can hear the difference. On my system, when using iTunes, I can hear a difference between using Bluetooth audio and using the USB cable ( USB has better sound quality ). Back to the subject at hand, I just purchased Spotify’s Premium music service—they have one on the highest KBS rates—sound quality is very good when using USB cable. However, you have to have the premium service to get the higher quality (KBS) streaming. Their free service sound quality is not bad, and is comparable to FM...vice CD.

·
Registered
168 Posts
interestingly, I was messing around with the audio settings in my vehicle this weekend and discovered I've been an idiot LOL I knew I had the 15 speaker system, but to be honest, sound quality was just OK If I really wanted to crank it up, the volume looked like it was only a couple notches away from max, but still wasn't all that loud. I was kind of disappointed by it considering so many people I have talked to thought it was such a robust system. Come to find out, I had three settings that were not how I wanted them to be. 1) I did not have the speed-sensitive volume option turned on 2) I did not have centerpoint turned on 3) there is also a master audio volume setting in a different menu, I think. It was turned down to about 1/3 level. I adjusted it to 2/3 level. Once turning on the first two, and turning up the third one, the sound got immensely louder at all volume levels (duh) and it still sounded GREAT. Embarrassed that I didn't catch this before, but honestly had just done a cursory sweep through all of the menu options when I first got the vehicle and really never thought of looking into the sound options more thoroughly when I was just sitting in it and had time to poke around again. I got a good chuckle out of the simplicity in solving this 'problem' and figured some on here would get a chuckle out of my oversight as well. But now for sure count me in with the folks that think the sound system is pretty darn good!

·
Registered
168 Posts
haha, check that, the volume setting option in the other menu literally just increased the volume via a different place. It was no different than just turning the volume knob up or using the buttons on the steering wheel LOL when I turned the volume down later, that 'setting' went down accordingly, which is when I realized I was mistaken about the third thing I changed. But the centerpoint made a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a 2019 QX60 "Limited" (top of the line) recently and I'm also disappointed in the Bose sound system. I originally thought it sounded "okay" but compared to my friends 2019 Ford Edge it's subpar. I haven't tried changing the factory settings but will try soon. UGH

·
Registered
548 Posts
Get your owners manual out and read about the Bose sound system. Turn on the center point, adjust the bass and treble (turn them up), plus up the surround level, and adjust the speed sensitive volume. Then play your favorite song and adjust it till you like the sound level (bass and treble response). Then come back and tell us what you think. If you have the 15 speaker high end Bose system, it will sounds better than the sound system in the Ford.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i dont know. im pretty savy when it comes to pro audio, and like to think that i understand a thing or two about sound quality. the 2018 qx60 that i have w/ premium audio is very good. the XM sounds bad, but thats because of the way they compress their audio. but every other source, and the bluetooth audio that i use 99% of the time, sounds fantastic. starting with my 2003 maxima that had bose, i always loved the way BOSE sounds. i think the only competition i heard in a car that is really good, is the B&O system in an Audi.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Which Bose system do you have — there are two— the 13 speaker system or a 15 speaker system? The 15 speaker has a different amp and also has centerpoint technology. I’ve heard some people aren’t real happy with the 13 speaker system but I haven’t read of anyone complain about the 15 speaker system. I have the 15 speaker system and it’s fantastic. The sound clarity even down to very low frequencies is amazing a car and it doesn’t distort the sound — the interior trim panels don’t resonate. The in the Surround-sound separation is very Good also.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts