Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this site and thought I can post my ongoing infiniti qx60 ac problems hopefully I can get some help from the valued members of this site. I have a2014 QX60 S (90k miles) and 3 years ago AC start blowing warm air. I went to mu auto shop and they told me I need a new compressor which I did agree to replace. I paid $1500 and they told me I have 12 months warranty. 13 months after, same issue happened again AC blowing warm air and it doesn’t engage. I went to the dealer this time and guess what, they said I need a new compressor. Call me naive, but I agreed to install a new one for another $1500 hoping the dealer knows what he is doing. Last month, ac did the same thing again. I went to another autoshop and they told me the IPDM need to be replaced and they charged me $2000 to replace it. They told me they guarantee their work for 2 years and they are confident that the IPDM isvthe problem not to compressor. 3.5 weeks after they replaced the ipdm, you guessed it, the AC blowing warm air again. Of course i will go back to the same shop because they guaranteed their work. At this point, I can’t trust the dealer or the autoshop that worked on my AC. I would appreciate someone dhare with me their thoughts on what the **** is happening with my QX60 and any recommendations will be very much appreciated. Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this EXACT same problem! Replaced the fan, then the compressor and condensor and now I'm being told it's the IPDM. I've wondered at times if the shop I'm using knows what the **** they are doing. All of this since May '22. Luckily, I found a used ipdm for around $100, instead of the $2k the part costs new from Infiniti. Did you ever get any resolution or answers on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

After spending thousands of $$& it ended up being a small plastic connector box that cost $10 that connect the wire to the ac unit. I would make sure your car mechanic check for any loose connection before you spend any more $$. Even Infinity dealer and service line never knew how to check for the root cause of the problem. I will never recommendInfinity QX60 to anyone, a $10 connector ended up costing me $6000 because Infinity techs don’t know [email protected]*% about their cars. I am selling it and buying a more reliable suv from Toyota or Honda. Best of luck!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hello,

After spending thousands of $$& it ended up being a small plastic connector box..
Thats sucks, it sounds like both your dealership and local shops were throwing parts rather than tracking down the root problem. This seems to be a common theme these days.

I moved away from Jeep due to the same problem, the compressor failed each year. Fortunately, I haven't had any AC issues with my M35 or JX35 (yet..)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 QX60 and my a/c stopped blowing cold on the drivers side and then in the back... still blows cold on the front passenger side? Anyone have any clues? Im a new member and it says I cant post my own thread.. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

After spending thousands of $$& it ended up being a small plastic connector box that cost $10 that connect the wire to the ac unit. I would make sure your car mechanic check for any loose connection before you spend any more $$. Even Infinity dealer and service line never knew how to check for the root cause of the problem. I will never recommendInfinity QX60 to anyone, a $10 connector ended up costing me $6000 because Infinity techs don’t know [email protected]*% about their cars. I am selling it and buying a more reliable suv from Toyota or Honda. Best of luck!
May I ask you a few questions then? Because after trying out the 3rd IPDM my mechanic is still at a loss for why my A/C isn't working and I told them that it can't be coincidental both used IPDM's I've purchased don't work, that there must be more to it. At that point he told me I may need to take to the dealership. So, with that being said, do you know/remember specifically what the connector was called? Did you take it back to the repair shop that guaranteed their work? How did you or they figure out that that was the cause?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following. Our 2015 QX60 has had A/C problems for years and also has a new compressor. Our issue is intermittent...seems to stop working when car is started warm (say, after a short visit to a store). But it will also just start blowing warm air while driving on occasion. Curious to hear any more info that can be provided on the connector box (location, other info on isolation). Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just came across this site and thought I can post my ongoing infiniti qx60 ac problems hopefully I can get some help from the valued members of this site. I have a2014 QX60 S (90k miles) and 3 years ago AC start blowing warm air. I went to mu auto shop and they told me I need a new compressor which I did agree to replace. I paid $1500 and they told me I have 12 months warranty. 13 months after, same issue happened again AC blowing warm air and it doesn’t engage. I went to the dealer this time and guess what, they said I need a new compressor. Call me naive, but I agreed to install a new one for another $1500 hoping the dealer knows what he is doing. Last month, ac did the same thing again. I went to another autoshop and they told me the IPDM need to be replaced and they charged me $2000 to replace it. They told me they guarantee their work for 2 years and they are confident that the IPDM isvthe problem not to compressor. 3.5 weeks after they replaced the ipdm, you guessed it, the AC blowing warm air again. Of course i will go back to the same shop because they guaranteed their work. At this point, I can’t trust the dealer or the autoshop that worked on my AC. I would appreciate someone dhare with me their thoughts on what the **** is happening with my QX60 and any recommendations will be very much appreciated. Dan
Hi Dan. I had just the compressor replaced and bc I did not replace the condenser and compressor at the same time there was no warranty and was told they work together. You must replace both at the same time.
hope this helps. I’m having other issues. Ow not having heat blowing out of the vents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts