Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Infiniti Personal Assistant?

13K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  bsnguy 
#1 ·
Does anyone use this? I was told this concierge service is no longer offered at the dealership, but the free trial I was given is wonderful. I was also told by the IPA that although my dealer is no longer offering it, I WOULD be able to renew the service, but I was also told the opposite from someone else.

Does anyone know about this?

My main reasoning for wanting this service is I travel a LOT, and would like to use the IPA to pre-load addresses and destinations for me for trips the day before (they told me they do this via Infiniti Connection).

#2 ·
Its my understanding that the service will continue since Infiniti is addressing the AT&T 2G Network issue. I recently purchased the 2016 and have the service and plan to renew it on-line when the free trial expires in late December. I know many owners don't use it, but I've used it since we had the JX back in 2012. My wife and I use it extensively on long trips and find it to be a great service. I do tend to use the Destination Assistance on the Infiniti Connection service more now when I'm on the road and need to put in an address. If I can't locate it through the Infiniti Connection I can go to a live attendant on that side or just use the Personal Assistant.

When I'm planning a long trip across country, etc. I use the Infiniti Journey Planner on their web site. Its a bit clunky but once you use it, it does make sense. I set up the route then while on the route if I need something, I use the Personal Assistant. To me Infiniti Connection and Personal Assistant services are worth the fees if you travel a lot.

#3 ·
Good to know. Would you mind sharing with me the URL's of the sites you login to for IPA to renew it? Also for the Infiniti Connection to use the Destination assistance?

Also, did you have to setup your own username/login, or did someone do that for you?

#4 ·
This is located in the Owners Portal. See if this helps: https://www.infinitipersonalassistant.com/register

For the Journey Planner, you need to go into the Owner's Portal (https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/user/home), select your vehicle (this should have been set up when you purchased the car, and if not, you can set it up manually or contact Infiniti to help set it up). Once in the Owner's Portal and you've selected your vehicle, You'll get a grey screen that has your vehicle vin and additional basic items about your car. You will see three buttons: Edit Vehicle, Delete Vehicle and Infiniti Connection. Select that button and it will take you to a page with additional info about your car's system. You will see the Journey Planner there.

#5 ·
Thank you.

When I try your second paragraph steps, I can get as far as creating a Journey (as a test, I created a Start, Waypoint, and Endpoint). it creates the journey fine - but the "Send Journey" button is not active, so I can't click on it.

As another test, I tried "Destination Send-To-Vehicle", and that seems to let me send something - but it's confusing. it asks me for a "Folder" and a "Feed". I can type a folder, but I have no idea what Feed means.

Bigger question - since I just bought this car, doesn't the dealer have experts in this stuff who can show me how it all works? I have to say as nice as the car itself is, the dealer service I have received has been horrible, almost as if the sales rep got the sale - now good luck figuring everything out.

#6 ·
When I have created the folder, I'll call it something like East Coast Trip, then create a feed with something like New York. It is a bit clunky but it works. Once you set them up, then you need to go to the car:

From inside your Infiniti:

Press the Info button
Select "Infiniti Connection" on your touch screen
Select "Sync all information feeds" on your touch screen
Select the folder
Select the destination name to show the route

#7 ·
Infiniti is still offering the Infiniti Connection service with the Infiniti Personal Assistant. The catch is that come December 31, 2016 for those that have a pre mid 2016 QX60, the service will not be offered as AT&T is doing away with their 2G service and coming out with their 3G service which the new Telematics Control Units in new Infinitis will be compatible with.

Those that have a TCU that runs on the 2G service will need to purchase the 3G TCU in order to continue the Infiniti Connection services. Infiniti stated that they will not cover the FULL cost as this was not under their control so they are working with owners so that they can get the new TCU, I don't know what that means exactly but my guess is they'll cover partial cost.

#8 ·
And I was at my dealer, today, and they know nothing about the update. So anyone else know if/when it will be available? I will probably ignore it, but I'm curious. Infiniti also claimed that if they charged for the update, they would include one year of service with that charge. We'll see...

#9 ·
Received the letter from Infiniti yesterday for the TCU upgrade. its a $149 charge and they are throwing in a 1 year complementary Infiniti Connection service along with it. Have not used this service much at all...not sure what the cost will be down the road if I need it. so, taken an appointment with dealer for this Monday 10th to get it fixed. will see how it goes.

#11 ·
If I were you, and I owned the car, I'd probably pay the $150 for the upgrade. $150 for a year of the service would be worth it, in my book. And if you end up selling the car, there's a tiny bit of bonus to having the latest telematics system - assuming the buyer wants it.

#14 ·
Update - Completed the upgrade. took way longer than anticipated. Dealer spent about 5 hrs to fix(had an oil change with it) - reason being they had received the parts just last week and I was the first customer for the upgrade and they had to figure out how exactly to do it - they said the center console had to be pulled out to do the job and it took much longer. least, they gave me a loaner after sometime when they realized it was going to much longer.

#18 · (Edited)
I had my TCU replaced a couple of weeks ago for $149 with the promise of the Infiniti Connection Plus for one year. The service guy said IC+ was all set up when I picked up the car. It was not. Had to call a national number several times to get the 1 year plus service set up. The web portal was not set up for this free one year service via the transition from 2G. I went through multiple service reps to find one who could do a work around to make it happen. Its gonna be all zeros on that survey when it comes. Not zeros for the uneducated reps and website deficiency but to the Corporate guys and lawyers that screwed up the communication at the time I bought the car and the subsequent roll out by the Corporate operations folks. Everyone has been confused or clueless at Infiniti about this.

As for the Personal Assistant - it is my understanding that when I bought the car I got a 12 month trial for PA after which time I would have to pay to keep it going. It is not included with the Infiniti Connection service.

I tried to confirm this with the PA guy I called and the customer services reps who worked on my Infiniti Connection hookup but none of them knew. :(

Reactions: sat24
#19 ·
I received a letter for $299.I called the dealer to schedule he told me it would be $308 more for the service for a year, I told him it says its complimentary, he said no, I said go ahead and order the part. Called IC+ , they told me the letter is right its $299 plus a complimentary year. I own three infinities and my experience with the QX60 has been the most trying. They dont know what is going on, I am going to have the dealer call IC+ in front of me before they start work on it.Really sad

#20 ·
Update: Infiniti called me back to confirm that the one year IC+ service had been activated for a year. I asked this person about Personal Assistant and she said it is included with the IC+ subscription. I can't confirm that this is correct considering the portal doesn't mention it as one of the IC+ features but in theory it would make sense.

#21 ·
I just upgraded the TCU unit for $149 and the SOS button is RED now. Tried to follow the instructions in the mailer from Infiniti, but it wont let me past the step2 without entering my credit card - which I DONT want to do; and the mailer says it is optional, but the website doesn't seem to think so.

Just left them a voicemail. I am sure Infiniti will make this right, but it's a hassle... :|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.