Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

Just bought a 2017 Infiniti QX60 fully loaded. I am really not satisfied with my led fog lights having 5000K temp and my low/high beams being around 4000K. So my question is has anybody changed the OEM bulbs to 5000K or 6000K? I cross checked with my Infiniti Dealer and they don't have any color options available. It's has to be an after market or same Philips D2S bulb with higher color temperature.

Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I changed my headlights to 8000K and the fog lights to PIAA yellows. I love the look and have the same combination in our three cars.

Reactions: saboxerman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi People,

Just bought a 2017 Infiniti QX60 fully loaded. I am really not satisfied with my led fog lights having 5000K temp and my low/high beams being around 4000K. So my question is has anybody changed the OEM bulbs to 5000K or 6000K? I cross checked with my Infiniti Dealer and they don't have any color options available. It's has to be an after market or same Philips D2S bulb with higher color temperature.

Thanks!
Correct. Dealership will not have any different options available.

If you buy aftermarket brands, buy either Osram or Philips. They are the back-end manufacturer of the OEM bulbs. If you buy and OEM bulb and pull it out of the box, it will have one of those brands printed on the base of the bulbs.

Give a whirl to a higher temp. But, it does make me wonder if it could have long-term effect on the headlamp plastic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sam,

It took me about 45 mins to an hour to change the bulbs. I bought bulbs from the retrofit source when the OSRAM 6000k were on sale.
I would not recommend going higher as you lose light output. The car already has very poor lenses which kill the output. It's not the bulbs. Going higher on temperature doesn't ruin the headlamp. Going higher on the wattage will.

You can go two routes for replacing the bulbs,
1. through the wheel well by turning the tire and removing the well cover
2. through the top by removing the engine covers and such.

I went thru the top and it was only difficult on one side due to the space available.
There is a step by step that I posted a long time ago if you're interested.

cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts