Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this morning Infiniti is still working on migrating the Infiniti Connection and In Touch system applications so be patient if you are getting error messages. I've been working with the IPad and IPhone applications this morning. The Owner's Portal is working but if you try to go to the Infiniti Connection button, you will not be able to get in. Infiniti has told me that they hope the planned system update will be ready later in the day. I'll keep you posted.

Apparently Infiniti dealerships are experiencing issues trying to set up new customer accounts this morning also.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was finally able to access the Owner's Portal this evening and checked out the changes for the Infiniti Connection and other features like the Journey Planner. Huge improvements noted other than I wasn't able to set up a PIN yet, but I'm sure that glitch will be fixed shortly. I did play with the iPhone App (which I'm sure is similar to the Android App) and it appears to be working also, less the setting up PIN portion of the application. Overall, it looks like an improvement and it looks pretty easy to send destinations to your vehicle. I did send test locations from my MacBook and iPhone to the car to see if they work but will have to check tomorrow if the destinations were sent correctly. More to follow.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. I tried the Journey Planner on the MacBook and iPhone app. I then went to the car and selected the Infiniti Connection button and synced the feeds like normal and noticed that all my previous trips were still there (the original message from Infiniti stated that the old history would be deleted upon implementing the new system) and the two test trips were loaded correctly. Some features such as news feeds weren't tested. I noticed today that the technical team is still working on the system and I'm sure they are trying to fix all the bugs.

I'm sure the InTouch customers are experiencing similar issues with the system update. For now, Infiniti is having customers just call on the phone or vehicle system for services.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Infiniti Owner's Portal with the re-design of the Infiniti Connection and InTouch systems is up and running and the system seems to be working properly. They were able to merge over existing customer data also. The Journey Planner is much easier to use and it has eliminated the unfriendly file folder utility. The News Feeds and Google Calendar are also working fine. Infiniti also now provides a mechanism to pay by the month, by the year and multiple years for those interested.

The Android and iPhone applications also work properly and are a nice improvement over the previous versions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just have to voice a different opinion. Infiniti Connection has been a disappointment right from the beginning and this upgrade, as I expected continues its history of problems. After the 2g to 3g upgrade I had nothing but problems for almost a full year. Numerous calls to tech support and leaving the car at the dealers for a week until they gave up. Finally got it working after they must have gotten it to a tech at Infiniti who finally understood the system. When I heard of the update for Infiniti Connection I anticipated more problems. Your experience is different than mine. It took a few days to get the system back up and that was to be expected. However, it would have been nice if they told us the system would be down for a few days from the beginning. The Google Calendar still is not working. Mine connects but says not available or something like that. The News Feed brings up the categories but after selecting one, it's empty even though all my selections show up on the web site. As for no longer having folders for Journeys, I miss that. For trips I use to make a folder and put different places in it like hotels and restaurants for each trip. Also, without folders can't seem to get it to hold more than 5 stock symbols but that's not really a problem since it doesn't download any information anyway! There are other annoying bugs in the update too. When entering a location for a journey on a PC, the start location box is half cutoff. Sorry to go on so long but guess I'm just venting. This system never delivered what it initially promised and for me has been a real headache. I really like the car and it is my second Infiniti but probably will be my last because of the Telematics. Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree the system isn't up to par with other systems being used by car manufacturers. I use the Journey Planner when going out of state. The new set up is much better, but I'm hoping the next generation infotainment system is much better.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Bob, is it working for you right now? The last couple cars I've sold its been down. PITA for us salespeople because technically the car isn't perfect at delivery, which is a question infiniti asks you on your survey. And only the salesperson gets dinged if the customer says "no".

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I just checked the phone application and browser Journey planner again and both working fine. I like the clean up on the Journey Planner also. I just sent a Journey to the car and it worked much cleaner than the old version. The only thing I noticed is that after posting the Journey a screen shot shows up giving you directions on how to pull the information up in your car, but it references the InTouch system and not the older system. The same procedure is used for older models. You select Infiniti Connection, Sync Feeds and then pull up the History. You will see your trip name then select it to load it into the navigation. The send to car feature on the Phone app is user friendly. I like how you can also see the Street View also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts