Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past month, I get a random error message that says incorrect key ID in the driver information center screen, and I'm unable to start the car. It's then shows a icon showing the key fob next to the start stop button. So I then hold my hold my key fob next to the start button and after a few seconds there is peace and harmony and I can start the car. I read on the Pathfinder forum that this may mean the keyfob battery needs to be replaced. Has anyone else experienced this and did you change the battery? How did you resolve the issue?

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can replace the key fob battery yourself, it is extremely easy to do if you just want to get it done.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I recently learned that keyfob batteries are covered under the warranty. If your car is less than 4 years old (it has to be), dealer should be able to replace free. The good thing with the QX60 keyfob is that it works from a very long distance, plus it can remote start your car. The downside to that powerful transmitter is that it uses batteries faster. You can always touch the keyfob to the metal ring around the start button if the battery is dead.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I recently learned that keyfob batteries are covered under the warranty. If your car is less than 4 years old (it has to be), dealer should be able to replace free.

That's good to know, I never knew that either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts