Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am moving to a rural area pretty soon. I know the QX60's headlights arent the best and my wife is worried about being able to see when she drives at night (wild animals,etc.) Trying to decide on what I can do to improve night time visibility. Was thinking about installing a light bar or something.... Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I agree, the LED light bar would help. Make sure it's hooked to your high-beams so it's easy to turn on/off. You should also consider a brush guard to mount the bar and protect the bumper against the inevitable animal.

HOWEVER, before doing so I'd recommend driving in the rural area for a few months with just the high beams. The high beams aren't that bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You resurrecting an old gripe of mine regarding the QX60. I wonder if Infiniti just equips their cars with dim headlights now. All know that the xenons in the QX60 fall short. I've driven the 2014 MDX and 2014 X5 with LEDs. Both incredibly bright at night. The QX80 that I drove had comparatively dim LEDs. Disappointing.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just curious, my Qx60 has a switch on the dash that raises and lowers the low beams. I was griping to myself one night about the low beams not being bright, then I remembered the switch. Turns out I had them in the lowest setting. When I rotated the switch up, the beams raised and cast light much further down the road, and I could see fine. Does your QX60 have that feature, and if so do you have the headlights raised to the highest setting?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just curious, my Qx60 has a switch on the dash that raises and lowers the low beams. I was griping to myself one night about the low beams not being bright, then I remembered the switch. Turns out I had them in the lowest setting. When I rotated the switch up, the beams raised and cast light much further down the road, and I could see fine. Does your QX60 have that feature, and if so do you have the headlights raised to the highest setting?
Is this a standard feature on the QX60, and where at on your dash is that switch located? Also, is it a switch or a dial because you said you rotated the switch up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did a YouTube search, typed in "Infiniti Headlight Aiming Control" and found the location of the switch. It's in the panel with the hatch opening switch, heated steering wheel switch, etc., in the bottom left corner. I've had my car for a year and a half and didn't know this was here. It does raise the headlights quite a bit. I too had it on the lowest setting. Thank you Rooster for sharing that information.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For me, it's not the aim, it's the overall brightness. The light beam isn't even and bright as I'm used to. It's a shame. There have been several threads on swapping it out for a better bulb. I upgraded mine to a Osram CBI 5000k bulb which is slightly brighter but not as much as I had hoped. The next steps would be to increase the ballast and perhaps swap out the lens.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i have my dial adjusted to have them raised to there highest point. still not happy with the output. I know I was spoiled with my BMW's output.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The retrofit source is highly recommended.

D2S: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

Morimoto XB55 OEM HID D2S Ballasts xenon D2S D2R AMP Denso Matsushita Bosch Hella Ballast 3Five 5Five

Also, you'd want to consider a higher output bulb. Your current 35W may burn out faster with the 55watt ballast.

You can call or email them to make sure you get the right equipment.
So i emailed TRFS and this is what she suggest: " Thanks for your reply! If it were my car I would upgrade to one of the OEM plus bulbs and do a clear lens swap. Now the clear lens swap will require you to disassemble the headlights. If you wanted to upgrade the ballasts you certainly can however you will have to find a way to reseal the bottom of the headlight where the OEM ballast use to be."
she told me that she wouldn't replace the ballast seeing as the QX60 has one of the best ballast's on the market right now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't have additional concerns with the wiring if going to 55watt ballast. My issue is having to reseal the dang assembly and the car being out of commission for a bit. For now, I just live w/ it. The car is only really driven on the weekends to shuttle family around. Waiting for a 7 seater hybrid electric or the telsa X in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts