Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Improving Fuel Efficiency 2015 Qx60

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kbdixon 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I recently bought a 2015 QX60 Awd. The car is great; however, I noticed in the first week that I was getting around 14 mpg for mixed use driving. I live in area where there are a lot of highways so I figured the mpg should be higher. I looked online to see what the average mpg was for mixed use was and it was around 23 (this is probably at its peak so when it was new) but i was not getting anywhere near that value. Since fixing luxury cars are super expensive, even though the Qx60 is just a Nissan under the hood, I decided to diagnose and fix the car myself. Right away I noticed that the previous owner really didn’t take care of the car. The air filter was basically black with carbon buildup and the same could be said about the housing. I decided to clean the whole air intake flow. So I replaced the air filter, cleaned the MAF and throttle body (just in case). I then added Royal Purple fuel additive the next time I filled up. I also ended up changing the cabin filter and the transmission fluid (car was > 80,000 miles) since I suspected the owner didn’t replace them ( I was right ). I only use 93 graded fuel, drive on eco mode and manage my throttle to get the car to be the most efficient it can be. Currently, I’ve gotten the car to around 19.5 mpg for mixed use and I’m really happy about that.

This vehicle has given me a good opportunity to learn more about the inner workings of a car and so I am trying to see how I can improve further upon the mpg (if possible). Is there anything else I can do or check to improve further upon this mpg? Any input would be great as I am mainly here to learn.

See less See more
#5 ·
.. looked online to see what the average mpg was for mixed use was and it was around 23 (this is probably at its peak so when it was new) but i was not getting anywhere near that…
23 mpg? I’m not sure anyone averages 23mpg. 18/23 is listed on the sticker (2013 version, slight improvement in 2014), and I can get 23 if I drive 55mph on flat surfaces, but 19-20 is average for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.