Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I work as a sales consultant for Infiniti of Kirkland and am making this post to let you know that if you have any questions about the QX60/JX35, I am more than happy to answer them for you. Whether this be specific questions about a certain feature, or if you wanted to know current deals or wanted to come check one out. You can pm me for specific questions, and I will be participating in as many threads as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a QX60 which, when I put in park, does not unlock the doors. There is not a line choice in the "settings" to enable the doors to unlock when I switch to park. Is there some other way to accomplish this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys, I work as a sales consultant for Infiniti of Kirkland and am making this post to let you know that if you have any questions about the QX60/JX35, I am more than happy to answer them for you. Whether this be specific questions about a certain feature, or if you wanted to know current deals or wanted to come check one out. You can pm me for specific questions, and I will be participating in as many threads as possible.
I just finished washing my 2014 QX60 and noticed around the actual headlight there are what looks likes small little light bulbs all around the headlight socket. Are these just for decorations, or do they actually light up? I tried to see if I could get them to come on and I got nothing.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
They are decorative, but do deflective light when the bulb is in the on position. Still can't figure out why Infiniti didn't include daytime running lights on the US models.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm with you Bob. So many new cars are coming out with them, it sort of dates our vehicles. But I still love my QX!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree as well. It seems strange that Infiniti would skimp on this feature, when there are much lower price point cars on the market (like Kia/Hyundai) with DRL's as a standard feature. It seems they could design some sort of add-on or software update to utilize the fog lights as DRL's. This is probably my biggest disappointment on my QX60. Otherwise, I am very happy with mine!

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
You'd think since the Canadian models have DRLs that you could get them installed by a US dealership. I have yet to find a dealership here in the US that has converted their vehicles fog lights to DRLs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have yet to have someone come in to have the DRL's installed. With this being said, I'm sure it could be done, but you may have to get the entire headlight assembly most likely which would be a pretty penny. I will talk with our service department to se if I can get an invoice for this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My feedback for Infiniti would be to upgrade the car's software newer model year cars get software updates.

1. the 2014 QX60 hatch door only beeps 3 times, while the 2013 JX35 beeps continuously. 2. If in the future, the side mirrors can fold in when the car is parked, or turned off. And flip back out when driving. currently it remains closed.
3. Side mirrors only flip down on the side the switch is flipped to during reverse, not both sides.
4. Bluetooth/radio remains on until door opens after car is turned off.

These should be easy software fixes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have yet to have someone come in to have the DRL's installed. With this being said, I'm sure it could be done, but you may have to get the entire headlight assembly most likely which would be a pretty penny. I will talk with our service department to se if I can get an invoice for this.
Some custom LED's that fit in the space under the fog lights would be ideal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a curious thing happen with my 2013 JX.
Vehicle was parked outside during a wind driven sleet/snow storm.
When I put the car in gear, I received a proximity alarm.
No warning lights or messages from the dash.
Front, back and sides of car were clear of obstructions.
I walked around car and noticed many of the sensors were iced over.
I went to settings and switched off various safety systems.
I switched off the lighted switch driver's side dash.
I pressed the BCI buttons.
Still a steady blaring.
I apologized to my passengers, put it in gear and suffered with it.
2 blocks later, the alarm silenced, I reset my safety features and no problem since.
What did I miss to silence the alarm?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is just because there is ice on the sensors. If this happens again, try to clear them off and you should be fine. This has happened before, and that seems to be the solution. I personally have never had this problem because the NW does not get that cold in the winter, but it has come up on the forums before.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Yes. The setting is in the window above the steering column. You need to go to the settings to activate it. If you haven't tinkered with the settings yet, there are a few nice things that you can program in like moving the steering column up and seat back when exiting the vehicle.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would be nice if the doors unlocked when you put it in Park...is this possible?
Yes it is. Go into the settings in the intelligent display in your dash, and you will have the option to do this.

Go into settings, vehicle settings, automatic door unlock, and you can select shift to park.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Matt,

Out of curiosity, what does your service department charge for the 30,000 mile service and how long does it take? It seems like my dealership's cost went up substantially in the past few months. Typically, I'm taking the car to my Nissan dealership for service since they've beaten the Infiniti dealership's fees by usually half. We've been with Bruce Titus for years and love their customer service. Our dealership has a continuous revolving door in the service department. Just when you get to know an agent, they are gone. Not a confidence builder. Also, I go back on when we purchased the JX. The dealership didn't even offer an Infiniti factory warranty and when you drive by the dealership on the frontage road on I5 and on the main street, they seldom display an Infiniti model, rather than their used vehicles. I don't get it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Matt,

Out of curiosity, what does your service department charge for the 30,000 mile service and how long does it take? It seems like my dealership's cost went up substantially in the past few months. Typically, I'm taking the car to my Nissan dealership for service since they've beaten the Infiniti dealership's fees by usually half. We've been with Bruce Titus for years and love their customer service. Our dealership has a continuous revolving door in the service department. Just when you get to know an agent, they are gone. Not a confidence builder. Also, I go back on when we purchased the JX. The dealership didn't even offer an Infiniti factory warranty and when you drive by the dealership on the frontage road on I5 and on the main street, they seldom display an Infiniti model, rather than their used vehicles. I don't get it.
The premium one is $1300, and the schedule two is $595. All you need for the 30k is the schedule two one. The premium one will replace all of your fluids, belts, filters,etc. That would be a better one for either your 60k or 90k. As for your dealership, I would assume it is Kuni in Lynwood? They are almost purely a pre owned dealership, which is why they have other models in the front. They only sell about 12-15 new vehicles a month, where as we sell about 5-6 times that many. They do not get any help from any other Infiniti dealer because they are well known for lying to people to get them in the door, and then bait and switching them. So they are pretty much purely on their own if they ever need any help from another dealer in the NW. Feel free to PM me if you ever have any more questions.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
/\/\ What Matt is really trying to say is this: They don't employ Matt Reading. So they must suck! But he's too polite to say that.

Reactions: mattreading22
1 - 20 of 59 Posts