Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Ideas for protecting Black Leather?

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  SquadGuy 
#1 ·
Hello ALL:

We have a new 2014 QX60 with Black Leather. My wife has noticed a few light gray areas where she may have touched seat backs, etc. Does anyone know of a good Leather Protector we can buy and put on that works?

#3 ·
I'm a big fan of Griot's car care projects. They are a bit more expensive but good quality. They have YouTube videos on almost all their products and how to use them.

Here is a link to a page showing some of their interior products: Car Interior Detailing - Griot's Garage

They are located in Tacoma but sell their products at many stores and on-line.
Thanks, I will look!

#4 ·
I've been using griots garage products since around 1999-2000 and have no complaints.

While for exterior car care products I have other recommendations now (like opticoat 2.0), for interiors their products are still top notch as is their 100% lifetime warranty.

#6 · (Edited)
This is their newest leather care product which cleans and conditions like their older products, but also protects.

Leather 3-in-1, 16 Ounces - Griot's Garage

Griots Garage Leather 3 in 1 said:
Our newest leather care liquid, Leather 3-in-1 is a superior maintenance product that cleans, conditions, and protects newer leather in one quick, easy step. Its rich conditioners penetrate leather grain to moisturize, soften, and keep leather looking, feeling, and smelling factory fresh. Advanced polymer technology creates a water and stain-resistant barrier to protect against UV damage, premature aging, and cracking. Leather 3-in-1 is a lotion that dries clear, leaving no glossy residue behind. It can be applied on a monthly basis if needed and used as a maintenance product for older, previously restored leather. Quickly and easily clean and beautify all auto, boat, RV, home, and personal leather items with this unique, premium formula.

#9 ·
I have black leather (and always get black if available or dark grey leather) so no, but if I had light colored leather I'd just use it as often as I see it is needed. I tend to do my seats maybe 3 or 4x a year.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.