Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall seeing that someone replaced the W5W stock parking light bulbs in the headlight housing with an LED unit. I would like to do the same, but I can't find the post with the information! Anyone remember this? Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paradox! I just Amazon Primed a set, and will put them in Friday. They are only 1W, but I don't care if they might not be as bright as the W5W (are they?). I wanted to get rid of the incandescent yellowish color next to the HIDs more than I wanted brightness. So no electrical system error codes, right?

I haven't had time to install the Morimoto fogs, maybe Saturday after mowing the lawn, mountain biking, and then a tandem bike ride with my wife... life is so demanding :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks Paradox! I just Amazon Primed a set, and will put them in Friday. They are only 1W, but I don't care if they might not be as bright as the W5W (are they?). I wanted to get rid of the incandescent yellowish color next to the HIDs more than I wanted brightness. So no electrical system error codes, right?

I haven't had time to install the Morimoto fogs, maybe Saturday after mowing the lawn, mountain biking, and then a tandem bike ride with my wife... life is so demanding :)

No problem, easy install, plenty bright IMO and no codes to date, well over a year now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got them. Terrific $10 upgrade!!! I am pretty sensitive about cheesy blue bulbs ricers put in their junk, but the color on these is OK. I put one in and turned the lights out, comparing the stock incandescent on one side to the LED on the other. The LED seems as bright, but the look is far superior to the yell looking stockers.

Great tip. Thanks. Now if I can just find time to put in the Morimoto fogs, which will be a little more involved since I will have to make a harness to integrate the automatic DRL switch I got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts