Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity of purchasing a 2014 qx60 hybrid for a pretty reasonable price. I have done some research on this model and I noticed that there were quite a few people who claimed that the mileage was much lower than expected. Most of these comments were made in 2013-2014 and the supporters of the hybrid claimed that it would get better after the car was "broken in." For those of you who have experience with these hybrid models, have you noticed that the mileage has improved over time and secondly, what are you averaging? I know that the hybrid has been discontinued and I have experience with hybrids as I have a 2013 Ford C-Max.

The car is loaded as if there aren't any other concerns that plaque the hybrid model, it would be at the top of my list. Thanks for your help and advice.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't take it that way. The reality is the Hybrids sold a lot less, and this forum is not nearly as active as some of us would like. So have some patience and i'm sure someone will chime in. If not a Hybrid owner, we at least have a few expert salespeople who can probably answer your question too.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Fuel economy on the hybrid will be approximately 4mpg better than a gasser. YMMV.

Hybrid does not go backwards up hills (so don't buy it if your driveway is steep or you need to parallel park in SF).

I live and work at ground zero for "green" cars. I LOVED my 2014 Q50 Hybrid. I always give customers info on the downsides of the hybrid QX60. I sold very few of them. If Infiniti had built a decent QX60 hybrid, I'd have been the biggest proponent and sold a ton of them.

I'm also probably the one who posted about the "break in" period info you read. There's still some truth to how I represented it, but we're not talking about a 2x levels of improvement. We're talking about a slight improvement. And it was a combination of driver getting better at maxing out ev miles, plus the car improving just slightly (perhaps). The break-in bump was bigger on Q50's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts