Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the following bulbs for the license plate LED replacement. It's the "standard" bulb (W5W) used pretty much everywhere else in the SUV (such as the inside reading lights, door lights, front footwell lights, etc)

I bought these on Amazon:

Installation

The trickiest part here was that you CANNOT access the bulbs from the "exterior". It's not a snap and pop type operation, unfortunately. You do have to pull the entire plastic panel "flap" which is on the inside of the hatchback. Which is a little scary at first given the car (in my case) is less than a month old :)

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ixJOhzpG8g for more instructions on how to do this part. It's for a Nissan Morano, but it is very similar for the QX60 as well.

Opening the panel: I found that you dont really have to pull the entire panel off like shown in that video. You start from the top (closer to where the wiper motor is) since there is a nice gap to put your fingers into, and then slowly but surely pull, and follow the contour fanning outward from the wiper location. Once you are done with the top and left+right edges of the panel, you can STOP. At this point, you should be able to easily reach into the space between the panel and the metal door and change the bulbs.

To close the panel: do the same but in reverse. Dont force anything at any time. Be gentle and firm with your pushes and the panel should click (somewhat loud clicks) into its place.

Do make sure to test the bulb light up before closing up the panel! Polarity is important.

See pictures for more information - hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great write-up. I'm definitely doing this simple mod. Infiniti should replace all their interior/exterior to LEDs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now that my front parking lights are LED I run them most of the time as DRLs and they look awesome. I might forego the DRL mod entirely. The LEDs inside and out look excellent. I agree, should have come this way, but I do like that my QX60 is a bit different than the rest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
T0oadman, I also just did my front parking in LED, what a difference. I bought the a 4 light LED DRL though that I still need to install. First though, gotta get the Fog Lights done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts