Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum,

This weekend I replaced my OEM fog lights (2015 Q with new LED fog lights. For me, I just couldn't take the look. Especially after I replaced the parking light and turn signal.

Give it up to "The Man", Paradox, for recommending the chrome turn signal. The color is a darker red/orange and looks great. The chrome hides it better too when not in use.

GP PY21W 1156 BA15S Silver Chrome Stealth Amber Marker Signal Bulbs Off Set Pin | eBay

For the parking light I did use the recommended plasma LED off Ebay but it burnt out after only 2 weeks. I ordered this on Amazon and it work and looks great.

So the installation of the fog lights is pretty straight forward and easy enough that I recommend it to anyone that has about 1/2 hour and wants to get rid of those halogen. Make sure you have a STAR bit, I spent another 1/2 an hour digging through my tools.

Here is the LED fog light I installed. Cost was good, reviews were good.

1) Turn the wheels opposite of where you are working. Be prepared, the Driver side is the hardest due to a vent in the way.
2) Remove three screws underneath the front bumper area and three on the side of the wheel well. I did the wheel well to loosen up the housing a bit more.
3) From the bottom push your hand through (it will come out with some scrapes if you have larger hands).
4) Be mindful of the white clips that accept the screw thread. I pushed one far underneath and had to get a clothes hanger to get it!
5) Once you can get your hand on the fog light, twist it out and shove it into the vent in the grille. That way you can access it easily to switch it out. Push back in and reverse the steps.

Next on the map: DRL 4-light strip for the vent at the bottom, Interior and reverse.

Best of luck!

JD:)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. I'm a bit concern of longevity. Have you used these before? I might get them for my RDX before installing on the QX.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, for $30 and a quick install, I'm not sure how long they will last. I do know this, it was easy enough to replace and will use a different system if they short out. I have had less luck with some of the EBAY items. CARID.com was a joke to work with when I tried to order PUTCO versions that were 3X the cost and had to return them because they did not line up with the QX60.

Good luck on the RDX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts