Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2017 QX60, I want to pop off the lower front panel on the driver's side. The one that covers the wire harnesses, fuse box, etc., under the steering wheel. How do I do that without damaging anything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've pulled that panel off a number of times. There shouldn't be any tricks, stick your finger in the hole and pull.
Really trying hard to remove this panel but seems to be stuck on the left side (left of the fusebox) on my JX35. Any advice on where to pull from first? From the bottom? from the top near the steering wheel? Left side of the steering wheel is the only part I seem to be able to detach.

Really need to remove this panel to see if the sunroof drain is connected, cause I had serious water damage and lots of rust. Any advice to remove this panel will be appreciated. thanks.
Car Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
113 Posts
Really trying hard to remove this panel but seems to be stuck on the left side (left of the fusebox) on my JX35. Any advice on where to pull from first? From the bottom? from the top near the steering wheel? Left side of the steering wheel is the only part I seem to be able to detach.

Really need to remove this panel to see if the sunroof drain is connected, cause I had serious water damage and lots of rust. Any advice to remove this panel will be appreciated. thanks.
View attachment 6355
I bought a bunch of panel tools at O’Reilly auto they are plastic less than $20-US and will work pins an panels out of hard places, barring that small screwdriver and patience. One sunroof drain trick if you have a compressor blow air down the drain hole up top, if no compressor think of the cans of dust blowers for computers 🖥 seal off the hole with tape or your fingers and see where it comes out, with a second pair of eyes.
Liquid Bottle Fluid Plastic bottle Packaging and labeling

Alternate View 1 for Performance Tool Trim Removal Tool
Liquid Bottle Fluid Plastic bottle Packaging and labeling

·
Registered
113 Posts

View attachment 6355
One other thing always remember you may be prying something that has a screw. IMO start up top work down

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Dixon, I ordered a kit from Amazon to help remove the panel. I do have a compressor and was able to blow air using a straw with the compressor. I also poured 1 cup of water in both holes and got almost 1 cup near the front tire so it seems to be connected correctly. Water is dripping in the plastic protector right behind the front wheel. So I still need to figure out where the water is coming from. Hoping I can remove the panel with the trim kit.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts