Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late 2013 and avg 18mpg. Is there a reprogram or something major changed in the 2015? Help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2015. AWD. Best I get on the hiway is 22-23. That is when I fill up and go straight to the hiway. Usually I am going right around 75mph to get that. My average though with city/hiway is about 18-19 which is the majority of the time. I notice that my average speed at fill up is usually in the mid 30s. I believe Infiniti was being a bit overly optimistic with their numbers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The ratings are not based on high speed highway driving but something like 55-60, I think. I can get 25 mpg, or better, doing that, but I'm usually in the 70-75 camp, too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have nearly 20,000 miles on my 2014 Qx60. I have never reset the mileage on the center monitor, and it is registering 20.9. Mine is AWD which gets lower MPG than one that is not AWD. Most of my driving is to work and back on a 4 lane highway with a few stop lights, average speed 35-50 mph. I'm very happy with this.

·
Registered
313 Posts
OP, you can't just 'get' 21/27 or 22 combined. They are estimates, and often can be off in real world driving situations even with them reworking the testing parameters to try and provide realistic numbers. I had a hybrid QX60 and would get realistic highway numbers but the city numbers were bogus, especially with A/C and heat usage because of Nissan's poor hybrid design/implementation.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had my 2013 JX35 around Oct 2012.
I track the fuel consumption since day one. I actually filled up this morning too. 20589 miles. It has averaged 18.48 mpg.
The peaks you see are when I did long trips on the highway. San Diego LA, or San Diego to Lake Tahoe are the long trips. Everything else is local.

The app I use is called aFuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
2013 has a different CVT transmission from the 2014+ QX60's

you lose a couple miles of MPG with the pre-2014 models because of the belt drive CVT vs chain drive CVT....

but i think the belt drive CVT is less prone to have the shudder issue.... and it tows 3500 lbs instead of 5000...

hopefully that helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2015. AWD. Best I get on the hiway is 22-23. That is when I fill up and go straight to the hiway. Usually I am going right around 75mph to get that. My average though with city/hiway is about 18-19 which is the majority of the time. I notice that my average speed at fill up is usually in the mid 30s. I believe Infiniti was being a bit overly optimistic with their numbers.
We have had the 2015 AWD for about a week, driven about 250 miles 50/50 city/fwy and trip computer is reporting 19.4. From all reviews it is quite clear, the 19/26 rating is pretty much unachievable even in eco mode.

Haven't had to fill it up yet, but wanted to check with other owners if the trip computer mileage is accurate or not? I have a Lexus and it very "accurately" and conveniently reports 2mpg more than the actual mileage. It is so consistent that I'm quite sure they have intentionally programmed it that way.

Also btw, the mileage rating is provided by EPA and the manufacturer can not change it by law. So it is not Infiniti being optimistic, but rather the EPA procedure does not mimick the average real world conditions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agreed that 2014+ have better gas mileage due to the change in the transmission that they made. Doesn't matter what I do I averaged around 18 on my jx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mileage / Hybrid

I have the 2015 hybrid with a perf chip in it. I get 25-27 city and over 30 on cruise hwy. To tell the truth there isnt much difference between city and hwy exceot that when I got 75-80 my mileage goes down.

The ratings are not based on high speed highway driving but something like 55-60, I think. I can get 25 mpg, or better, doing that, but I'm usually in the 70-75 camp, too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As a fellow hybrid owner, let me ask what you mean by perf chip (like a reference to what you bought).

Second, the only way I know to get anywhere near the mileage you quote is to never use the climate control and to believe the car's computer.

Can you confirm how you measure mpg and your driving environment?

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
As a fellow hybrid owner, let me ask what you mean by perf chip (like a reference to what you bought).

Second, the only way I know to get anywhere near the mileage you quote is to never use the climate control and to believe the car's computer.

Can you confirm how you measure mpg and your driving environment?

Thanks
I've got to agree. I never got his city figures if a/c or heat was being used. And even highway, I most times got 27-28. Sorry but I aint buying a performance chip boosts mileage that much especially city while using HVAC in this vehicle. If it could have been done, Nissan engineers would have just programmed the vehicle that way from the beginning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my 2015 for a month and half now and have logged 2550 miles. Avg. 22.1 mpg so far. 75% highway miles. It's getting better than I've expected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts