Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haters gonna hate... .

We have had an FX35 for 8 years and love it. Only getting rid of it for more family size. CVT is great. I only wish we were told about the 2016 upgrades, of course the salesman wants to make the sale on a 2015. Purchased Nov, 2nd.
I posted this in another thread (since I also used to own a FX35 before):
Leased a QX60 in October 2014 (2014 model obviously). I do not have the shudder problem, but about every few months the car is back at the dealer. Issues I've had: tailgate didn't stay open, humming sound in AC/heat blower (twice), poor gas mileage (14 mpg), door panel that got detached.

Before the QX60 I owned a 2005 FX35 and I can't begin to describe the reliability problems I had with this car. The only reasons I stayed with Infinity were:
1. We got a grade trade-in deal
2. Leasing. That means after 39 months it's someone else headache
3. My wife loves the 3rd row access where you don't have to detach the car seat.
Didn't you also have a wide variety of reliability problems with the FX35 just like me?

You seriously can't tell me you like the CVT after coming from a FX35? It works, but I much rather would have a normal transmission.

Anyway, as I wrote above: I think the QX60 is a very, very nice car but the reliability is below average.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No issues with the FX besides standard maintenance and age (parts). Mileage in my QX60 is 18 MPG for the most part with a 22 on the highway but I use mid-grade ALL the time. Granted, the QX is only 2 months off the lot.

I like the CVT, smoothe take off and I only run it in Sport except traveling long sales runs for MPG.

Sorry your experience is not up to par.

Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
A little late to the string but my own experience. I bought a 2013 JX35 AWD in July 2012. I have just over 110K miles on it and no issues to date. I've been changing my own oil every 10K with advanced full synthetic Castrol and a Fram synthetic filter. I changed the rear pads at 100K, fronts still have lots of life. This past weekend I flushed the brake lines and re-confirmed the front pads are fine and drained and filled the radiator. Other than that it's been rotate the tires every 7500 and oil at 10K, with engine air filter at 15K intervals and cabin air filter every 30K. Car has been great and my intentions are to keep it another 100K.

When I first bought it there was a recall on the SW programming for the fuel injection, which made it appear to have transmission problems, as the proper air/fuel mixture wasn't getting into the cylinders. Odd that it gave symptoms of transmission issues but after a quick re-program the tranny has been fine/no issues over the 110K and I haven't touched the fluid. I was hesitant to not touch given I've been programmed to change every 30K on a traditional automatic but am trusting Infiniti here and to date they've been right that it needs no servicing.

I had the driver side door panel replaced twice because the armrest made a noise when removing my elbow from it but the third panel has created a permanent fix for me. I assume this issue was limited to early model JX's as I haven't seen this issue raised by QX owners yet.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome story man. I love the reassurance. Never own a CVT vehicle let alone a Nissan/Infiniti product but it's good to hear story like this. We plan to keep our QX60 forever.

A little late to the string but my own experience. I bought a 2013 JX35 AWD in July 2012. I have just over 110K miles on it and no issues to date. I've been changing my own oil every 10K with advanced full synthetic Castrol and a Fram synthetic filter. I changed the rear pads at 100K, fronts still have lots of life. This past weekend I flushed the brake lines and re-confirmed the front pads are fine and drained and filled the radiator. Other than that it's been rotate the tires every 7500 and oil at 10K, with engine air filter at 15K intervals and cabin air filter every 30K. Car has been great and my intentions are to keep it another 100K.

When I first bought it there was a recall on the SW programming for the fuel injection, which made it appear to have transmission problems, as the proper air/fuel mixture wasn't getting into the cylinders. Odd that it gave symptoms of transmission issues but after a quick re-program the tranny has been fine/no issues over the 110K and I haven't touched the fluid. I was hesitant to not touch given I've been programmed to change every 30K on a traditional automatic but am trusting Infiniti here and to date they've been right that it needs no servicing.

I had the driver side door panel replaced twice because the armrest made a noise when removing my elbow from it but the third panel has created a permanent fix for me. I assume this issue was limited to early model JX's as I haven't seen this issue raised by QX owners yet.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this forum shortly after I bought my 2014 QX60. I joined because I was concerned with the problems I had heard about the CVT transmission. If you been following this forum as long as I have, you will notice that the negative reviews have diminished considerably as Infiniti has worked hard to resolve the transmission problem. This is my third Infiniti, and I have developed a loyalty to the brand. I've driven other luxury models and this one by far has been the most trouble free, and I love the ride, the style and the comfort this vehicle has. I realize a lot of people come here to express their negative feedback, but I come to give you my support of one the best vehicles I've ever driven.
I just bought a used 2014 qx60 and was looking for positive reviews like yours to give me some peace after reading so many bad reviews. Thank you.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts