Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How reliable is the QX60? I'm worried after the Consumer Reports stated that Infiniti was the 5th worst reliable carmaker! This is changing my mind on buying the QX60 and sticking with the Highlander or RX!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Plenty of discussions about this... Search is your friend. But it looks like you have made up your mind. (Personally, I've had way more problems with both Lexus cars I've had than with Infiniti... )

If you have a good dealer, any issues will be handled. My local Lexus dealers are idiots, for example.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
They had problems with their updated transmission and have taken care of it. They don't build their own transmissions. I have the JX and its been very reliable. I'd check all the forums for cars you are considering before you make a decision. I've found Consumer Reports not to be the best resource. Good, but I take their reviews with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree that the dealer is the most important part! In our case they will do NOTHING to help us with almost ANY issue! A far cry from when we were buying the car! They are also the only Infiniti Dealer in the STATE! I think they now know this and that may be why they are even out of coffee, etc, in the waiting area a lot of days.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had a similar experience 20+ years ago with Saab. You, like me, can complain to corporate, but you will princely get no immediate satisfaction (for they usually work with the dealer, who stinks). But, I'd like to think my complaints helped them lose their dealership about two years after I bought the car... Same thing happened to a Cadillac dealer I used, too, come to think of it (hehehe).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I haven't made up my mind yet. The tranmission issues scare me. Everything else is great. Don't know what to do. I think I'll wait until Christmas to see who has the best deals. Also researching the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
You may want to call high volume Infiniti dealership service departments to see what they are experiencing with the transmissions. I spoke with my service advisor at Tacoma and they did see some vehicles with the transmission issue but were able to correct the problem with the software update. She said they haven't had any return issues with those customers. Checking with a high volume dealership will help you identify if they have had a large number of repairs or if they too have noticed the problem has been taken care of.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unintended Value in Consumer Ratings

I've had my 2015 QX60 for a month now, and couldn't be happier. No problems with transmission, great ride, looks great, and driver's assistance package is a must.
Low reliability ratings from Consumer's Reports reflect past transmission problems, which if solved, will change Consumer Reports reliability ratings and increase sales and resale value.
Risk vs reward is moving towards the reward side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the transmission issue seems to exist on the 2014 or older definitely. and like ive read similar(although not as frequent) issues w/ the 2015. its not so clear to me as to whether they have a long term solution to address this shudder issue.

personally i would feel a bit uncomfortable owning one that was out of warranty and i would consider buying an extended warranty before we're allowed to add it,

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was in the same shoes as you 2 weeks ago. I watched numerous vids comparing various cars to the qx60 such as the highlander, mdx, 2016 pilot etc. After all, I decided to risk it and bought a 2015 black with java interior last week. Picking it up in a few hours. This being so, I cant yet speak as to how good they are but I did realize that many more people who are unsatisfied with something will post bad reviews and consumer reports out of frustration, however only few people will post good reviews because if it works as expected-it works. This is often why there are so many more bad ratings than good ones out there.

I've owned a 2004 FX35 for the past 4 years now and haven't had any problems beside having to change the alternator at about 110k. I have a number of friends and relatives that own infinitis and everyone loves them. I have not heard anything about infiniti nearly as bad as I have about many GM cars. IE: the Cadillac CTS had recalls for engine failure, something with the brakes and electronics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blackqx60 - Please let us know your initial driving impressions and thoughts if possible. I'm in exactly the same situation as you are. Considering QX60, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander. QX60 has everything I want except the Consumer Report reliability said Infiniti was the 5th worst. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I have had my JX for two years. my dealer called me 2 weeks ago regarding a deal switching the lease to a QX60 for another 4years...for the no brainer now I have a QX60. It is sure not the best auto maker, but it is the best 7 seater for my family.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well, I have had my JX for two years. my dealer called me 2 weeks ago regarding a deal switching the lease to a QX60 for another 4years...for the no brainer now I have a QX60. It is sure not the best auto maker, but it is the best 7 seater for my family.
Icexfire, do you notice any differences between the two?

Just wondering why you pulled the trigger. Were you worried about the JX dieing or did you get additional packages?

I also have the JX, but plan to keep it for another 4+ years

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm now using a JX35 for the last 2 years. I had purchased it when the JX was upgraded to QX and I had received a heavy discount. Now 2 years into it, I had some issues, but all were solved by the dealer with no hesitation. The was the rear display monitor, was stuck at an angle and my kids weren't able to view the movie unless they sat at an odd angle. This was informed to them and they had replaced the same in 2 months with a new monitor. The other was the sun visor on the driver side which was giving off a cracking sound when you either put it down or up. The dealer has noted the issue and has agreed to replace the same when I take it in for the next service. The third is the rattling in the rear passenger doors. This has to to be informed to the dealer when taken in for next service. Other than that there was no major issues. I love the car and the smooth drive I get makes me go after Infiniti only in the future. Many people give a negative review as soon as they find an issue, without taking it up with the dealer or without giving the dealer enough time to sort out the issue.

I would say it's a very good car

·
Registered
225 Posts
Please DON'T buy this. Most of the good reviews are from Infiniti sales persons.
Shhivaa, please stop coming here. You hate yours, we get it. You don't think anyone should think differently than you, but we do. Sorry.

Most folks here like (or love) ours. And, no, 99+% of us are not Infiniti sales people.

Read the many threads about known issues to get a sense of what's going on. Lots of them, here. My personal expertise is excellent as are many others who browse this forum. A perfect car? No. But one of the most reliable and comfortable that I've had, and I've had many...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shhivaa, that is not fair for you to say that... I am not a infiniti sales person, and I believe most of us on the forum are not. We either go on the forum to learn about our vehicle or help other to deal with issues that may rise up. I have never owned or driven an infiniti until i leased my qx 60 in september. My brother in law (not a salesperson, but a sophisticated driver, who had driven lexus, BMW, Mezedes Benz, and acura, now driving a JX) prompted me to check out the QX because he highly recommended it. Your remark or feedback dose not help any of us who genuinely want to use this forum to share our experience.
In my humble opinion, you own an apology to all the infiniti salespersons who sincerely use this forum to help some to make decision in leasing or purchasing the vehicle, and others to know how to enjoy the QX at its full capacity.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I joined this forum shortly after I bought my 2014 QX60. I joined because I was concerned with the problems I had heard about the CVT transmission. If you been following this forum as long as I have, you will notice that the negative reviews have diminished considerably as Infiniti has worked hard to resolve the transmission problem. This is my third Infiniti, and I have developed a loyalty to the brand. I've driven other luxury models and this one by far has been the most trouble free, and I love the ride, the style and the comfort this vehicle has. I realize a lot of people come here to express their negative feedback, but I come to give you my support of one the best vehicles I've ever driven.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So why did we purchase the 15 QX60? Several reasons, which include: 1) unique styling, 2) plush interior, 3) excellent handling for its purpose (which is a family hauler), 4) versatility, and 5) most importantly, reliability. We currently also have a 1996 I30 that is still running very well, and has only had a radiator replaced about 2 years ago. It shows its almost 20 years of age/230k miles by having a radio that can sometimes have a non working dial (solved by spark plug change), and a temperamental air conditioner. Other than that, it has been easy to maintain and a joy to own. So, when my 2014 Odyssey stalled out on a 6 lane expressway with kids in the car (Honda was unable to diagnose the issue, and gave it back to me to drive, hoping it wouldn't do a repeat), it was time to transition to Infiniti, which has proven reliability, and great maintenance to boot.

I have long learned that forums are not always the best place to get a balanced view of a product, such as a vehicle, as many folks use the forums to register complaints they've had with vehicle, as opposed to singing its praises. While this board has been a welcome change in that regard, I think a potential buyer needs to really research and judge the vehicle on its merits. Most importantly, we have to understand that these are mass produced vehicles, and while we'd hope they are without flaws and bugs, sometimes they are, even the brands with the reputations for reliability, such as Honda.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haters gonna hate... .

We have had an FX35 for 8 years and love it. Only getting rid of it for more family size. CVT is great. I only wish we were told about the 2016 upgrades, of course the salesman wants to make the sale on a 2015. Purchased Nov, 2nd.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts