Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can you recommend next steps to get rid of this discoloration on leather of my 2022 QX60? Must be from dried up sanitizer. Whatever it is seems to have penetrated the protective coating that I believe they put on the leather. The normal Meguiars interior detailing wipes don’t do anything. Thanks
Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried rubbing alcohol? Detailing wipes apply additional chemicals, you want to remove (hopefully the leather isn't stained).
Isn’t sanitizer made of 60% or above alcohol? The wipes are interior detailing wipes. I don’t think sanitizer or rubbing alcohol, isn’t good on dyed leather.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it’s leather, have it dyed. Will look brand new and isn’t very expensive. That’s one advance of leather, it can be dyed pretty inexpensively for $100-$200. The dye is permanent.
I happened to have a service appointment at the dealer today. I asked if their detailing team could take a look. If they suggest re-dying it I will get a quote and compare with outside shops. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I happened to have a service appointment at the dealer today. I asked if their detailing team could take a look. If they suggest re-dying it I will get a quote and compare with outside shops. Thanks
Thank you. I received the bottle of dye from seatsdoctors.com. Do no I need to apply as instructed to just the one streak or imperfection pictured above in my original post or the whole section/panel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just apply a small amount to the streak. You can always add a little more if needed. Of course, follow the instructions provided by seatdoctors.com. You'll probably only use a few drops from the bottle to fix the issue, but a least you'll have the bottle for future issues. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts