Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only upgrade I have is the Premium one (memory seats, Bose, etc..), no Navigation. I am stunned at the technological gimpness of this car and unfortunately assumed it would be fitting of a $40,000 car built in 2016, not a 2005 Chevy.

Am I destined to only have iPod/iPhone connection via the USB plug-in with no control of the iPod through the QX60 controls other than volume?

I've driven a base 2015 Mazda 6 that was more intuitive than this.

Very disappointed in this, but absolutely love everything else.

·
Registered
204 Posts
In 2017 it is standard and doesn't require any packages, however, in 2016 it is included in Premium Plus pkg. Hence the only option is USB, there may be an app or device which could enable it, I would love to hear what others on this forum are doing. In my personal experience, I do charge my phone using USB ports so I don't mind it. I seldom stream over BT, it degrades the sound quality compared to USB, that is just inherent to BT audio and nothing to do with how it is implemented in the QX60.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Yep, no BT streaming for you - voice only. Get an old iPod and put it in your armrest.

Reactions: humvet

·
Registered
625 Posts
There are some excellent aftermarket Bluetooth FM transmitters available at Amazon. I use one in my old Infiniti M that doesn't have Bluetooth. The aftermarket typically connects 3x to my phone faster then my QX60.

·
Registered
1 Posts
$20 and 20 minute solution to stream audio on Bluetooth for 2016 QX60

RANT THEN SOLUTION - I too purchased a slightly used 2016 QX 60 at Christmas time the day before a road trip from CA to Idaho. I loved my 2010 G37 so much I bought another Infiniti. Imagine my horror and shock when this $45,000 luxury vehicle that can answer the phone via Bluetooth could not do the simple task of streaming my music. BIG FAIL INFINITI. I rented your Nissan Altima (same family) over Thanksgiving and that little thing streamed my audio like a champ. I was so pissed I swore I would never buy another Infiniti (short sighted I know). Rant over because...
I found a simple solution that sounds great, cost less than 20 and check most (not all) the boxes. I did tons of research and price shopping and here is what I would do:
1. Go to Amazon and purchase the Enegg Wireless Bluetooth Car Stereo Audio Adapter/Receiver for $14. (they have a newer generation for more money but it cost more and had worse reviews)
2. While on Amazon also purchase the MOCREO Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug, 2-RCA Plugs 3.5mm Stereo to Dual RCA Audio Adapter Cable, 3.5mm Female to Dual RCA Male. BE SURE TO GET THE FEMALE TO DUAL MALE. It is $5.
3. When both parts arrive plug the Y Cable splitter into the Enegg Wireless piece. The splitters go into the red and white plugs in the armrest (yellow is for video and not use for this project). The Enegg has a power plug that plugs into the unit and the other end plugs into the USB for continual power.
4. Pair your phone (I have an Andriod but also tested it on my sons iPhone 7) to the Enegg (comes up as HK008 - the serial number).
5. Once paired go into settings for Enegg and deselect (uncheck) phone so it is only audio and music. This will save you some grief.
6. While in your phone Bluetooth settings go into your QX60 car settings. Only your phone and contacts should be checked.
7. Turn on some music on your phone. Turn on your vehicle and turn on your radio. Select AUX. You might have to push AUX a few times. This took me 15 minutes to put together and test from start to finish.

Magic. You have great quality sound streaming from your phone. It worked with Amazon music services and Pandora so I was stoked.

You might have to charge the Enegg unit for a while. Once it dies you have to re-pair after it is charged but it remembers your car.

When phone calls come in they still come in over the QX60 system and shows the phone numbers (the Enegg has the phone option but you don't get the contact and phone number on the screen so I turn it off on the Enegg and keep it on the QX 60).

You will NOT be able to jump from song to song or see what song is playing on the vehicle screen. You only have volume but it does 90% of what I need so I consider it a win. There are other options and units but for $20 and 20 minutes you can't go wrong. STILL AN EPIC FAIL FROM INFINITI.
Hope the photos help. I am not on the boards much but will try to check in and answer any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paul Miller,

I'm wondering why the need to use the RCA cable. Why not just connect the enegg device to the AUX port? What will I be missing if I eliminate the RCA connection from your solution? There are a lot of BT devices that just have a AUX connection, no RCA so I'm trying to figure out the difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paul---do you have the part# for the Enegg Wireless Bluetooth Car Stereo Audio Adapter/Receive? I'm not sure if it's still available because I can't locate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paul---do you have the part# for the Enegg Wireless Bluetooth Car Stereo Audio Adapter/Receive? I'm not sure if it's still available because I can't locate it. Is this the new version of it?
Wireless Blue tooth Music Receiver Adapter Audio 3.5mm Stereo Audio Aux Stereo Car Adapter with Mic & Hands free Calls for Headphone Speaker Home Stereo Speaker System for iPhone, Samsung Androi: B0728LNF96

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found It

Actually found something that works well on my 2016 QX60 on Amazon that had all of the connections, on/off, instant pairing, is working pretty well so far, & I paid $12.59 for it:
Friencity Bluetooth V4.1 Audio Receiver for Music Streaming, Mini Wireless 3.5mm/RCA Aux Audio Adapter Car kit for Wired Headphones, Speakers, Home Stereo Car Sound System (Not for TV) (J205-Black)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else notice that the passenger in a QX60 cannot be heard on the other end of a hands-free Bluetooth call? The Microphone seems to be directional to the driver. Any way to adjust that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts