Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the heated steering wheel feature, seat warmers, and climate temp/speed reset after car is turned off, or stays the same when you start it back up next trip?

Just haven't had a chance to try it yet. Want to know if I set everything up to full heat the night before that it will stay that way when I do remote start next morning. I assume it does stay how you left it from previous trip, otherwise remote start is kind of pointless if you can't have all your heated features stay on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The steering wheel will reset to off when the car is off, but the seat heaters are switches that will keep their settings.

·
Registered
685 Posts
In addition, they cycle the heat when you're car is on. For example,, the wheel will get warm/hot, then cut off, then warm/hot/cut-off.

I think it's as designed since the heating element can't maintain a fixed temperature without causing material problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In addition, they cycle the heat when you're car is on. For example,, the wheel will get warm/hot, then cut off, then warm/hot/cut-off.

I think it's as designed since the heating element can't maintain a fixed temperature without causing material problems.

Yeah makes sense. I wish the wheel wouldn't reset between trips. That way you could setup the heat, seat warmers and steering wheel the night before, and it would all heat up with remote start the next morning.

On the upside, at least the steering wheel heats up rather quickly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The "right" way for this to work is that when remote starting below a certain outside temperature, the seats and wheel (and mirrors and windows) should be heated/defrosted. I had a Cadillac and a BMW and a Saab that did that. Some were doing it 17 years ago so it can't be that hard :)

When you get in the car and start it for driving, everything resets to your preferences from where they were the previous time you turned off the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts