Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Headrest monitor not working

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bradrs 
#1 ·
Hello -

I have a 2017 with the monitors in the headrests. The driver's side monitor started flickering as another member mentioned, and then went completely out. Does anybody have any suggestions on troubleshooting? I really don't want to take this to the dealer to get fixed as I am sure they will tell me it just needs replaced. Seems awful "young" to be having a monitor go bad. Thanks in advance for any pointers of where the cabling is located, what to look for, etc.

Russ

#2 ·
Edit: I did some more troubleshooting and looks like the monitor is back working again, but will get “snow” for a few seconds, followed by a blue screen a second or two and then back to the video. It did this roughly three or four times over about 10 minutes. The other monitor does not flicker at all.

#4 ·
My left monitor used to flicker once in a while. My workaround was to pull the headrest one click up/down then the flickering goes away. I took it to the dealer and they were able to replicate the issue. They said they tighten up all the connections and harness with extra tape etc. I haven't had any flickering issue since then. However, the right monitor flickered once very recently then i used my workaround technique to fix it. Hope this helps!

P.S, the dealer said it was covered under the warranty.

#5 ·
Thank you for the advice! I tried that, but it didn’t seem to make a difference.

I am not sure if it is still under warranty as we bought it used. I will have to look into that. It would be awesome if it was covered! Or maybe they would do a “good will” repair of all they are doing is tightening up the connections...

#8 ·
Our 2017 QX60 had the same problem. Driver side monitor was flickering for a while, probably a year or more. We took it in and had them service it in 2021 under warranty. They replaced the monitor. About a year later it started doing it again. I called to check and it was outside of warranty, as well as outside of the warranty period on their repair.

I tried raising the headrest 1 notch as suggested above, and the problem disappeared. We will see how long that lasts, it has been a couple of weeks and a few hundred miles so far.

Thanks for the easy fix! I wasn't looking forward to tearing the headrest and seat apart to troubleshoot the wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.