Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I have a 2017 with the monitors in the headrests. The driver's side monitor started flickering as another member mentioned, and then went completely out. Does anybody have any suggestions on troubleshooting? I really don't want to take this to the dealer to get fixed as I am sure they will tell me it just needs replaced. Seems awful "young" to be having a monitor go bad. Thanks in advance for any pointers of where the cabling is located, what to look for, etc.

Russ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Edit: I did some more troubleshooting and looks like the monitor is back working again, but will get “snow” for a few seconds, followed by a blue screen a second or two and then back to the video. It did this roughly three or four times over about 10 minutes. The other monitor does not flicker at all.

Hello -

I have a 2017 with the monitors in the headrests. The driver's side monitor started flickering as another member mentioned, and then went completely out. Does anybody have any suggestions on troubleshooting? I really don't want to take this to the dealer to get fixed as I am sure they will tell me it just needs replaced. Seems awful "young" to be having a monitor go bad. Thanks in advance for any pointers of where the cabling is located, what to look for, etc.

Russ

·
Registered
2017 QX60
21 Posts
My left monitor used to flicker once in a while. My workaround was to pull the headrest one click up/down then the flickering goes away. I took it to the dealer and they were able to replicate the issue. They said they tighten up all the connections and harness with extra tape etc. I haven't had any flickering issue since then. However, the right monitor flickered once very recently then i used my workaround technique to fix it. Hope this helps!

P.S, the dealer said it was covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the advice! I tried that, but it didn’t seem to make a difference.

I am not sure if it is still under warranty as we bought it used. I will have to look into that. It would be awesome if it was covered! Or maybe they would do a “good will” repair of all they are doing is tightening up the connections...

My left monitor used to flicker once in a while. My workaround was to pull the headrest one click up/down then the flickering goes away. I took it to the dealer and they were able to replicate the issue. They said they tighten up all the connections and harness with extra tape etc. I haven't had any flickering issue since then. However, the right monitor flickered once very recently then i used my workaround technique to fix it. Hope this helps!

P.S, the dealer said it was covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
2017 QX60
21 Posts
I too have the 2017 QX60.

As long as you meet "4 yr/60,000 mi basic, 6 yr/70,000 mi power train" it should be covered under the warranty. Please do share your experience how you managed to fix the issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer fixed the issue by replace the right side monitor under warranty. Less in one year, the problrm come back again and my warranty is expired.:cry:
Edit: I opened the back of the seat cover, double check the connectors. Now everything looks fine now. no idea where is the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts