Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2013. The top of the headlights are beginning to cloud up. Any way to prevent more of this from happening? I've been putting some car wax on them. My wife loves to go through the automatic car wash. Could those flaps be causing this?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 JX yesterday and the headlights are clouded on the top. I was thinking of having them professionally restored but haven't had a chance to try that yet. The rest of the car is immaculate for the exception of the headlights.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've a 2014 QX60 and do not have this issue.....at least not yet. The headlamp cover is polycarbonate plastic - it's light and strong, but it also is naturally porous. To combat this, the manufacturer usually covers the headlights with a protective film.
The film works well, YMMV, but it starts to erode/oxidize due to constant exposure to UV rays of the sun, chemicals from the road and even carwash chemicals.
Try one of the many headlight restoration kits available to help remove the cloudy or hazy parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats way too soon for it to be clouding like that. If the automatic car wash was damaging the headlight like that, it would have mangled the heck out of your paint.

Get them restored properly, and then have them wrapped in clear protection film.

If you want to go one step further. Get them professionally restored. Clear coated. Then paint protection film wrapped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts