Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle is no longer under warranty (mileage) and the drivers side radiator coolant fan bearing is making a loud noise, has anyone replaced the fan assembly on their own? I've seen a number of posts from other people on various sites that the drivers side fan seems to be an issue with premature failure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing just happened to mine at 61,445. Used dealer said its common problem and usually appears directly after warranty expires. Weird

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm surprised the dealer said it's common and hasn't popped up in these forums. I'm at 100K and it's not making those noises.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm surprised the dealer said it's common and hasn't popped up in these forums. I'm at 100K and it's not making those noises.
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's occurring on 100% of all vehicles.

Common could mean that it's popular amongst the issues that request for service.

Anyways, OP... I posted in your intial post in the general discussion as I found that first googling, my car is in service now for the same issue as mentioned and of course covered in factory warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, just happened to me to at ~140K miles. The service manual has you do a good bit of work to replace it, but the good news is that if you unbolt the control module off the back of the fan it becomes skinny enough to pull out with only removing the battery tray and the air cleaner. Price for parts range from mid $300's from Infiniti to low $200's online. Found one from AM Auto Parts for $190. Part AM-1234559244

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had mine replaced on my JX35. The hole thing is plastic. Even the bearing housing and fan are plastic. The suckers will never last more than 100000 or so miles. I had mine replaced with the aftermarket my dealership offered. 300 less than the stock product. Don’t use it. Pay the extra 300. My fan is so loud when it’s running that people will look at my car when I’m at a traffic light. It’s very unpleasant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very annoying sound. It just happened to my 2017 qx60 on 42k miles. When i stand by the engine by turning on the AC, it makes a flapping noise and from the driver's seat it sounds like someone is riding lawn mower next to my car. The sound goes away when i turn off the AC.

Just dropped off my car at the dealer and the dealer mentioned its a common problem with this model. Hopefully, it will cover under the warranty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a fan housing/shroud that became slightly warped on my 2015 around the 42k mark... made this super annoying ticking sound as the fan blade barely nicked the shroud constantly. The service tech I took it to at my local dealership also mentioned that it was a common issue they see. Apparently common enough that he heard it for about 2 seconds and immediately knew what it was. Gave me a loaner for a day, got it fixed under warranty, good since then. But man, was that ever an embarrassing and annoying sound!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine started making the noise during my drive to a 500 miles trip. Luckily, fan didn't stop working. Initially, turning off the AC stopped it but it became a constant issue. Dealer replaced it under extended warranty. I am beginning to feel that it was worth paying for the warranty when I got the car. Mine is a 2014 purchased new. Current mileage is about 69K. It already got a new transmission from earlier this year but I think they cover that under the factory warranty.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mine started making the noise during my drive to a 500 miles trip. Luckily, fan didn't stop working. Initially, turning off the AC stopped it but it became a constant issue. Dealer replaced it under extended warranty. I am beginning to feel that it was worth paying for the warranty when I got the car. Mine is a 2014 purchased new. Current mileage is about 69K. It already got a new transmission from earlier this year but I think they cover that under the factory warranty.
Agree, those things shouldn't fail that quickly. Mine is a '13 hasn't had that issue yet.

Nissan produced millions of those engines, wondering why QX60's are having trouble.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Agree, those things shouldn't fail that quickly. Mine is a '13 and hasn't had that issue yet.

Nissan produced millions of those engines, wondering why QX60's are having trouble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and the wife just drove our Infiniti QX60 418 miles to Cincinnati from Georgia and we are now having this issue. What a perfect time for the holidays. We have 42k miles on the car which hopefully means ours is still under warranty. Can't call the dealership sadly because it's Thanksgiving but thought I'd just throw my story out there to leave a paper trail of this common issue from the looks of it. Will update when I get fixed and find out if mines still under warranty hopefully.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same thing...

I had mine replaced under warranty a couple of weeks ago. The fan has started to make noise loud enough inside and when I checked it from outside it whirred and popped! I have 42k+ on my 2015 QX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am on a cross country trip and this same noise has come back so I know what it is. I’m posting to let you all know that this will be the third time in less than one year having to replace this part. It’s not even safe to take this vehicle on road trips as this occurs too often. I’m so frustrated. I wish Infiniti would recall this commonly failed part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts