Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone really get to put 19.5 gallons of fuel in their 2014 QX60 Hybrid (AWD)?

We get low to no fuel warnings...and fill up...yet only put about 16.0-16.4 gallons in the tank? Avg MPG 22.5 in ECO mode...over 5 months of ownership.

What is up with this...is there a 3 gallon reserve built in that the technology center display does not recognize?

Or is there a discrepancy between the dashboard fuel tank display and the technology (big screen) fuel display information...? Both read the same number for Miles to Empty...?

Do we have the only QX60 h that has a smaller tank? The Fuel Economy readings on the big screen/math computes that the tank is only ~16 gallons, yet every manual and the Infinity web site says it has a 19.5 gallon tank...?
Help!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have filled 17.8 gallons once - it was really empty lol but I think it keeps the reserve out of the calculation so that in an emergency, after the light goes on you can still drive about 60 miles.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I dunno, my light came on during a trip to Lancaster yesterday. It said I had something like 40 miles to go and the gauge was inbetween E and 1/4, just where the red begins. I drove around shopping at outlets and like a race car, the gauge dropped from the beginning of the red to E with a range of 17 miles left. I was about to fill up anyway and when I did the car took 18.4 gallons. So with about 1 gallon left, compared to my previous cars which left you with 2 gallons when the range indicator hit 0, there isn't much wiggle room in the QX60. I kinda do this as a test in all my new vehicles, but good to know, you don't have much left in this vehicle when it says get gas, lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have once. I got to 19.2gal at the end of a long trip. Let's just say that both trip meters were in *** which sucks b/c you have to remember how far ago it was at 10miles left. It never goes down to 0m either. Normally, I fill up around 17.xgal so I had about 40miles after it go to ***.

·
Registered
136 Posts
^ In my old M it goes down to about 50km (30 miles) before it shows ***... at least the SUV goes down to 10 miles!

·
Registered
136 Posts
So had a nerve-racking drive home last night lol

I took the 51km route home (via downtown to pick up the wife). Mind you the fuel warning light came on in the morning when I left the house, so 44km before all of this happened.

When I left work, the gauge said 42km to Empty. Got to downtown (18km trip in traffic) and it said 21km to go and fuel guage was right on E (not close to, but right on top of E), then the distance to empty went to '--' when I picked up the wife.

From there began the nerve racking ride. About half way home (where there is my preferred gas station 3km before the house), I saw a gas station that was on the way so filled up 3.5L (at $1.449 / L !!). Distance to empty still showed -- and I continued to my gas station.

Got to said gas station, filled up 66.3L (at $1.329 / L - thank you Costco). So I would've filled up 69.8L (18.4 gallons) in total if I hadn't chickened out of driving on '--' distance to empty.

So from now on I am planning on filling up within 60km (40miles) of fuel light coming on lol - I have never gotten this close to running out (assuming I had kept going and filled up only once at my gas station). Even in my M, the closest I got after driving through traffic on '**' miles to go and guage on Empty was 68L or so.

They should've put the FX's fuel tank in these things... 90.5L (23.8 gallons). I would've been able to hit almost 600miles (1,000km) in the QX60 :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.