Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

Got a bit of a gremlin behavior happening on our 2014 QX60, related to pumping gas.

About 75% of the time my wife goes to pump gas, the pump clicks a stops pumping. We usually go to Chevron stations, and she's tried a few different pumps. Pretty frustrating, even after retrying.

I've pumped gas a few times and it's only happened to me once (it's mainly my wife's drive to work car).

Took it to the local infinity and they tested and everything checked out. They even went to a gas station and pumped a few gallons in, no problem.

Has anyone else run into this issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Brandon

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Try turning the handle about 1/4 turn when pumping. That should work. And sometimes it works to just not try quite so hard to shove it all the way in when pumping - this is hard not to do when you're frustrated by it clicking off constantly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sinecure..will give it a shot...gonna start filming fillups and provide them as proof to service department.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That happens to me sometimes when I'm rushing with the fill or when the vehicle is parked way off farther than I intended from the pump and the gas hose is a little bit stretched. I would just have to position the nozzle head straight and push the nozzle all the way in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts